I'm glad I found this forum, I'm new and had a terrible experience this weekend

Sorry you had this bad experience.

On a different note. It is a pet peeve of mine to see a listing with a misleading price if I’m browsing. I’m not sure where in your calendar you’ve got a night for $34 but that should be fixed.

This is her base price. So she sets it to this maybe in her low season and then she adjusts the calendar for high season. This is an Airbnb thing that we can’t control. Really, it should be showing the price for that day, not your base price.

The problem is, no dates, so you get the default which is not an accurate representation. This will be the case more and more as hosts choose to use various pricing services, including AirBNB’s own Smart [Not] Pricing.

1 Like

I started renting just the one room and the smart pricing but realized it was wayyy below market (I’m in silicon valley) and rooms not as nice were renting for less so I adjusted it…no clue how to fix it so the price you first see reflects the actual price… any tips? :slight_smile:

Sure. Go to your CALENDAR --> Price Setting --> Base Price. That is the price that shows when no dates have been entered for the search.

1 Like

Just when I thought it couldn’t get worse, my 11 year old daughter just found a joint and a bag of weed in her room!!! I’m livid…

Hmm, that sounds like good news to me. Also a little payback for her, I’m sure she didn’t want to leave it.
LOL.[quote=“Nicker7, post:26, topic:9740”]
a joint and a bag of weed
[/quote]

2 Likes

@Nicker7 I would up your security deposit amount. $100 isn’t much to cover items or things that would get damaged. I also have seen on some sights that it is VERY hard to get money out of ABNB so your request should be high… they only seem to give people half of what they request if anything.

Are you saying that your guest went in to your daughter’s bedroom? If so, that is outrageous.

I talked to Air B n B and they are closing her refund request case and are going to get the security deposit from her for smoking and bringing drugs into the house.

6 Likes

it was part of the rental but we clean out her personal items (my kids live here 1/2 time)…but ya to leave drugs in a kids room…

You should also charge her for extra cleaning, make sure you take as much pics as you can after the guest like her checks out. Tell AirBnb what she did. Tell AirBnb what you’ve done - early check in, bottle of wine, follow up with her and etc. You can send them print screens of the text messages to proof your dedication to the guest and service you have provided. Make sure you state “no party / unauthorized guests in the house” in your house rules as number 1.
This is a complete BS. She wanted to have a house party at your place and get refunded, clearly. So sorry for your experience!!!(((

2 Likes

@Nicker7@Anastasia_Stal and I can tell you all about thr riff raff we get in the Bay Area!!!

Predatory Renter !! Always take quick snaps of your property on your cell phone before and guest arrives . That way you have photo documentation of the condition of the property in case something like this happens . Airbnb requires Guests to acknowledge that they have read the house rules and listing information . Do not give in to this guest, its the same as if you were robbed ! Predatory guests deliberately look for new hosts that will not be around or have a property manager to look in on them . You may also want to get a Doorbell with a built in camera that shows you who is at the front door every time the doorbell rings , and this is perfectly legal and within Airbnb TOS ,
Do not let Airbnb CX bully you about this case . Stand your ground with them even if they chose to decline siding with you . Please update what you experience with CX . Also don’t let one bad apple spoil the experience for you .

3 Likes

Awesome thread. And my sympathy. If your going to share your home. Boundaries need to be set. Locks on doors you don’t want people in. I have a pantry locked for toilet paper and such. If I leave out toilet paper done take it home. Hell some renters take the batteries out of my remotes and wall clock and take them home. Every month I have to replace about 12 glasses and don’t get me started on sheets and towels. But on other side of coin some awesome people I get to meet. The 6% that are horrible well I deal with it. Best to you. Anyone that leaves drugs in a child room should go to jail.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone, the support here was tremendously helpful. Air BnB sided with me so she did not get her money back, she wrote and one line review saying “house is in terrible condition”…wtf, it’s fully remodeled whatever…anyway, she reimbursed me for the towels as for the drugs I reported those to Air B n B and will call the police too to let them know. I’m snoozing my listing for the holidays as i realized that I’m really busy and need to get organized so I don’t get screwed over again. I have a guy checking out today before he came and during his stay I had my housekeeper drop in to make sure everything was in order, he was a very nice, quiet business traveler. I don’t anticipate any issues.

1 Like

Please do…I need to be more careful in the future!

When I had guests who smoked in the flat against house rules and left the flat dirty I was told by Airbnb (Aaron)that they did not allow claims for extra cleaning against the security deposit.

So much stuff you have to eat. I had a guest give his keys to his girlfriend, and they broke up. The building felt it was unsafe to have the front door key where there is no doorman at night. I had to change the locks and re-issue keys. Airbnb said this isn’t covered in the security deposit anything key related.

@konacoconutz

This guest needs adding to bad guest list!