I would like to send a guest written instructions on how they can instant book my place

My guest has many good reviews and has booked with me many times. I am concerned, tho, that the guest still requests to book. Is there some instruction on how a guest can instant book I can copy and paste to give to the guest? I have asked Almighty Google “how to instant book on airbnb as a guest” and cannot seem to find this answer…

Why don’t you just do it as a direct booking @Rolf ?

2 Likes

Maybe some day, but right now I prefer it this way, and would like this guest to have the convenience of IB

1 Like

It’s not really more of a convenience for the guest. They either click on IB or they click on Request, at which point as soon as you click accept, they get charged.

The convenience factor is on your end, not the guest’s. It would be different if this was a new guest who would have to wait for the host to do whatever vetting the host normally does with non-repeat guests. But in this case, I would imagine you simply hit accept.

2 Likes

so, it is a checkbox type of thing? Do I tell the guest to simply choose IB?

1 Like

I was curious so I attempted to book my neighbor’s rentals —1 without IB
The 2nd with

Based upon what you described, your guest may not meet your instant book criteria.

WITHOUT INSTANT BOOK -Request to book so requires your approval

WITH INSTANT BOOK - if the guest meets your instant book requirements, the app automatically uses IB if the guest selects Confirm & Pay. Request to book option (needs your approval) is never given.

1 Like

I thought was worth pointing out in these screen shots & not related to the OPs question.

This is clear.

So… if they are eligible they simply scroll down to the bottom?

Not exactly, those are two pages.
Guest selects Reserve
then is taken to page so can select Confirm & Pay

Unless your guest is sending inquiries (Ask the host a question) your guest doesn’t meet your IB requirements or it would automatically IB for your guest.

1 Like

It’s also possible that a past host clicked the “would not recommend” button for this guest, in which case the guest will not be given the option to instant book. This is assuming you have “must be recommended by other hosts” as a requirement.

2 Likes

Have you asked them about it? Of course it’s possible they aren’t being given the option to IB for some reason (maybe has a not-recommended but are they requesting something outside of your min or max stay or advanced notice settings?) but they may just prefer to request.

I have a guest that comes a couple or three times a year and she always requests instead of IB. I asked her about it and she said she just prefers to ask me personally before booking and to confirm the dates are available, that it just feels “right” to her. It seemed to be about showing respect. Her first review is in 2012 which is prior to IB so I think it’s just her habit of how she uses Airbnb. I initially thought they she may be fishing for a discount, but she wasn’t, but your guest may be doing that.

2 Likes

The guest just replied - “I forgot”. So, as always, I am a host who stresses over the guests…

2 Likes