I was blindsided by bad review. Was my response over the top?

You’re right, but I don’t think I’d ask them to change it. The actual review was nice I just wanted the stars! Silly, I know but actually I’m going to Paris in September and have booked my accommodation based on the Superhost status. I probably wouldn’t bother elsewhere, but I know Paris well and cleanliness and basic service can be a real issue. So I picked the newbie with Superhost status. He’s already offered to arrange a lift from the airport for me! Now that’s impressive. I must say I love the whole Airbnb thing. I get to stay in a part of Paris I otherwise couldn’t afford and I would appear to have a host who cares that I will have travelled all the way from Australia (27 hours) with a child in tow and will be tired and would appreciate an earlier check-in. Gotta love it! Thanks for the feedback too - I love being able to have other hosts put a different slant on how we perceive stuff.

1 Like

LOL!!! Damned guests!!! Never again!!! :smile:

I’m too much of a wimp to try using AirBnB as a guest even though I’m a host for five years now! (Wait, six years!) I like the reliability of a hotel. :smile:

Ah well. If you’re ever down under, you could give my place a try! Just remember though - 5 stars across the board or you’re in trouble. :laughing:

1 Like

Cheers mate! :smile:

Stephanie, i have found that usually people with pets have greater issues and so do hotels that accommodate guest with pets. Odor is usually the issue.

Anyway i am happy for you that you have Super Host status. Could you share with us what questions do you ask potential guest, since you are right screening people is so important, and it does eliminate potential problems.

Hi Yana. I just had a similar thing happen to me. A guest gave me a 4 star on location and value. My location is in the heart of Golf courses, Shopping centers and high end resorts. Very posh area. My place is very high end. Even better than some high end hotels. Equipped with a stocked mini fridge, white linens, white towels, ironing board, hair dryer, toiletries, robes, long full body mirrors etc. The cheapest motel closest to me is $90 per night and thats about 6 miles from me. (something similar to a motel 6). My place is $45 with a $20 cleaning fee but like I said I am in a high end neighborhood surrounded by $400 per night resorts. Which is why I felt blindsided by my guest leaving a 4 star rating on value and location.

You revived a post from 2015???

1 Like