I thought I had seen it all until today

I’m so old that I’m not sure that we had anything but cloth nappies when I was a new mum. (Well, I know that the posh ones did exist but ‘normal’ people like me couldn’t afford them).

I had no washing machine either so used to launder them in the bath then put them out on the line.

I am prehistoric, it seems.

1 Like

Only in nappy laundering terms, I assure you :kissing_closed_eyes: :laughing:

1 Like

Lol, my dog peed on me last night (Nervous pee’r) and my kids were grossed out, I was like at least it was not you, again…

RR

6 Likes

How true! I had a direct booking leave shit stains in my toilet this morning and I was like WTF, who does that? The brush is there for a reason.

RR

1 Like

We’re talking about ADULTS here, guys…Crap in a bucket??? And so many of ya’ll are not horrified? Hardly the same as a baby an diapers. And there is a sanitary way of handling THAT as well…I doubt the OP is operating a hostel in a third world country! Good grief…

I am horrified, but I would not burn down the house to sanitize it. I would throw the bucket out and move on. The OP threw out towels that were in the room, just because.

RR

2 Likes

I didn’t mind cleaning my daighters poopy butt but …i for sure would not do same with my husband’s. How do you compare baby poop and an adult person

1 Like

Parents have to deal with poop accidents their children well after the diaper phase. Scrape off what you can, rinse out what you can, then soak and rinse again, then wash with bleach. Of course you should wash everything that the poop touched with bleach, and you should wear gloves just like you should when you clean the bathroom in your listing.

It’s definitely disgusting, but hardly a reason to don a hazmat suit and throw things away. Face it, every single one of the towels in your listing has have small amounts of guest poop on them because guests have used them to dry their butts, and you have no idea how well guests wash themselves. While you’re at it, think about how many guests sit naked on the beds before they shower.

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s the point. The point is…ADULTS left this disgusting mess for the host to deal with. She had the guts to call them and get them to deal with it. What if they were already on a plane or unreachable? This was an outrageous act of disrespect at the least. The OP deserves some sympathy for what she had to deal with. And not criticism for how she chose to rid herself of the reminder. I likely would have done the same just to ‘cleanse’ the place emotionally from such a despicable act by ADULTS… It’s not just about germs…It’s about clearing the place of any reminders of such horrible people. I get that…

1 Like

This is where we differ. The point is to do what’s best for your business. In my mind, that’s not throwing away stuff that can be cleaned and re-used. The only way this would make sense to me is if cleaning costs more than replacing. E.g., I wouldn’t chip up and replace a tile floor that had poop on it, but I’d probably throw away a $0.50 washcloth rather than go through the trouble of trying to clean it. In fact, that already happens about once a month due to makeup stains, not poop, thankfully.

However, if a host can’t continue hosting effectively without an emotional cleanse that involves sacrificing a few towels plus some additional but otherwise unnecessary cleaning, then I will concede that is the best thing for their business.

4 Likes

I don’t know. It’s just poop! But I’ve worked in nursing homes for 25 years. Poop is the least of my concerns. Just clean it up and move on.

Yes, it was surely odd and tacky (and 100% unacceptable behaviour!) and I wouldn’t have the guests back but I would just put on some gloves and clean it like any other mess.

2 Likes

Why don’t you get back to us about that in another 40 years or so :wink:

4 Likes

I really hadn’t thought about this before, and now…I think I will try to forget it!

5 Likes

Haha, oh this is soooo true. I agree, :100:!

1 Like

True. There’s also the fact (that I didn’t know until a few years ago) that when a person flushes the loo with the lid up, then microscopic fecal matter is released into the air. That’s why (evidently) the lid should be down pre-flush and things like toothbrushes should be kept in the cabinet and not out in the open.

Hosts really need to be a strong about these things. We all have to deal with bodily fluids, skid marks, random pee etc. from time to time…

1 Like

Oh. My. :scream:
Airborne poop.
I want to order a hazmat suit … Anyone want a bulk order with me? This yellow banana look is kinda sexy…

Dupont Large Yellow Tychem Qc Chemical Protection Coveralls https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005QQFHI8/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_z5HMDb2MNA5JE

Tried to add a pic but y’all are MUCH better at this than me, ha!

3 Likes

I once found a used sanitary pad in the drawer of my nightstand. And for those of you who don’t know, I rent my home! I was pretty horrified as you can imagine and I immediately called my cleaning lady. I knew she had not done the turnover (I just came there afresh after a guest) but I wanted to make sure she always checks drawers and she assured me that in her decades of being a cleaner she has learned to check all the nightstand drawers.

She would not tell me the horrors that she has found in drawers, but she assured me she has. She is one of the rare ones that lives by the Cleaners Code of Silence.

5 Likes

My caretaker is my idol - PLEASE don’t let him know, or his rate will skyrocket.

I know there is a lot that he shields me from and I am VERY grateful. I get to go into my home and pretend that no one has slept - and NOT slept - in my bed, etc etc and more etc. :slight_smile:

I raise a toast to the “Cleaners Code of Silence” - such are those with a powerful constitution and nerves of steel. :beers:

2 Likes

I want to be there. When she is very old. And ready to talk. ! (She sounds awesome).

2 Likes