I need an objective opinion

What is TA that you keep mentioning?

TA stands for Trip Advisor

Perhaps make it harder to even get an opinion from you vs. get one from Trip Advisor. People follow the path of least resistance (aka laziness).

I canā€™t get past that TripAdvisor is where you would go for information about your own community. Crowd sourcing reviews is just not accurate in any way. In my town the Cheesecake Factory is rated higher on TA than some of the best restaurants in the world. Yelp is just as bad.

I give my suggestions to guests, but always give a choice so you donā€™t get blamed, but then I could care less if they choose to take it. One by one they end up at the local pub which looks really cool and hip and is mediocre at best. Why didnā€™t they go to the little hole in the wall across the street with a tandoor oven and a trained chef? I have no idea. Or the amazing gastro pub 3 blocks away? Again, donā€™t know. I murmur my sympathies as they tell me how not-special their meals were, but, if they were smarter, they would know that when I suggest food spots, I actually know what I am talking about. I never include a suggestion for a place that I have not been to.

In general,itā€™s like doing a survey on the various marketsā€¦people recommendedā€¦children likedā€¦tourists lovedā€¦There are choices given.I donā€™t say I liked that dish a lot,it combined sweet flavours with the finishing touches of chocolate aroma,so go there you wonā€™t be dissapointed!!
I donā€™t eat meat I will not go to the meat restaurant just because someone who had a meal there,recommended it to me.

With some people there is no happy end and thatā€™s it.Hotel guests?

That makes sense.

20 20 20