Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

I know I will get a call from Airbnb about reaching out!

I had an instant book today for tonight. Place is all ready to go. Sent them all the details. They just rang at 8:30 pm asking if I can cancel the booking as they have had a big day and are still 1 1/2 hours away. I told them they had to cancel as I would be penalised. They asked me how? I told them I don’t know as I have never used airbnb as a guest. Once they realise I have a strict cancellation policy and they won’t get their money back I’m sure I will get one of those airbnb emails “reaching out to me” to refund their money. Guess what I have learned from this forum? The answer will be “No!”.

1 Like

Absolutely - your cancellation policy is clear and the guests agreed to it.

You are a business and have to behave like one, big corporations don’t give refunds just to be nice - which is what airbnb are asking you to do.

1 Like

Well I just received that phone call. I called them earlier to find out why I had not received payment after no follow up email. So they rang to say the guest would like a refund and would I allow it? I said “No.” She then said “so you are happy to refund her.” “No I will not be refunding her.” Strange how the story she told me on the phone is different to what she told airbnb. I wonder how long it will be before I receive the payment?

You’ll get it tomorrow.

Thanks Felixcat

It usually comes the next day but the booking was on March 1st and I heard nothing until today about the guest wanting a refund.

Chances are good the guest called and lied, saying that you had already agreed to a refund so they held the funds.

Money has been transferred to paypal. Yay!

1 Like
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!