I just realized that they stopped the magazine

I know the cleaning protocols don’t want paper stuff left around, but…

I just realized that I haven’t seen Air’s ridiculously pretentious magazine since it hit the fan.

I used to get a copy for every room, every month. They piled up. Few guests read them, and no one wanted to take them with them. Then they stopped.

I’m presuming the whoever produced the magazine was the victim of budget cuts.

2 Likes

It wasn’t every month, it was quarterly.

1 Like

There is no way to sanitize them between guests so I’m sure they knew that they would be tossed.

1 Like

If they have stopped the magazine, I’m glad. What a waste of resources it was.

5 Likes

The magazine touted a tourism that no longer exists, and if it ever comes back will be markedly different than the one that airbnb promoted in the magazine. A magazine showing shared bedrooms and suburban backyards would not fit the airbnb ‘outlook’…

The hippy geodesic domes were just too neat and clean! I was never in one that didn’t leak. Same with a lot of homemade “yurts”. All of the places they showcased were just TOO perfect. I think they did it to stimulate traveler imagination, rather than to sell actual trips. I do admit that I would have liked to taken some of the cooking lessons featured in the magazine’s “experiences” highlights, but few of the rentals shown would have been my choice.