I have to sell my airbnb plus listing...any tips as to how?

Here in Europe people line up for airbnb type (profitable) properties and pay 15% - 20% premium to get them. There are two ways to promote them: local airbnb FB groups (best) and real estate agents. Business brokers route works too but mostly for multi-room B&Bs.

1 Like

I think that’s rather a large generalisation @summerfun.

Properties that can be used as Airbnb’s near you may attract a 15-20% premium i.e any property from a studio in an inner city to a villa

But that is certainly not the case where I live in Europe, in the UK generally where uncertainty around Brexit has led to house prices dropping, or in the many popular STR areas of Europe which have restrictions on STR.

Which European city or resort are you based in @summerfun ??

1 Like

Not in most of Andalucia they don’t!

It’s generally the inverse, folks are wanting to pay 15-20% below valuation, we certainly did a couple of years ago.

JF

1 Like

Wow! SO many replies. Fun to find such an active community of hosts.

Helsi - I think I do have a way to transfer the Airbnb (the property manager will continue managing the house). Airbnb seems to have indicated I can transfer the property to the property manager (who’s already associated with the house). We’ll see.

kaiserdr - I’m sorry about your situation, that’s frustrating.

Thanks for those that suggested a Facebook group. Jojocircus - I’ll join “Landlords, Real Estate Investors and Property Managers Hub” and also look for something in the santa cruz area.

GutHend - It’s been very hard to appraise the house because of the foundation. There aren’t comparable properties nearby that have sold recently. Appraisals based on comparable properties is a regulatory requirement after Dodd-Frank. As a result, any loan application (that I’ve made or that prospective buyers have made) has failed.

For those that are curious: Here’s the address: 137 Las Lomas Dr, Aptos, CA 95003 (you can use that to find photos - I can’t post photos because I’m a new user)

1 Like

Thanks for coming back @Sam_Odio.

Interesting that Airbnb have confirmed you can transfer the listing and your reviews and ratings to the new owner via the property manager as this is against their own T&Cs.

But they are generally a law onto themselves, so nothing should surprise me

1 Like

I’ve posted the Air+ listing for you.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/plus/4950937?guests=1&adults=1

1 Like

If I understand what Sam is saying, the listings reviews are under the name of the property manager. If the ownership of the home changes but the manager and home are the same, it’s fine. I think there was another thread here recently that said the same thing.

Sam is listed as co-host so when the property changes hands the co host will change.

2 Likes

KKC - that is correct.

1 Like

@kaiserdr Dave, I hope you don’t mind if I suggest that perhaps you and your son may be confusing SSI or Supplementary Security Income with SSDI or Social Security Disability Insurance. SSDI requires that the disabled person applying for the benefit to have worked prior to becoming disabled. SSI does not require a work history and covers those individuals who are suffering from a medical disability and have a limited income (the fact that the couple seems to own a home may disqualify them from the financial requirements). I’d respectfully suggest that your son sell his home and purchase one in the same area (near the hospitals) that can better accommodate two families.
Wishing your family strength in dealing with this heartbreaking situation…

2 Likes

Thanks for this info. I will send it to my son.

As the caretaker in charge of his wife this will be very useful to him, thanks lots.

I’m pretty sure my son is on top of this, probably just my misuse of acronyms! I hate acronyms!

Dave Kaiser

Crystal River, FL

www.airbnb.com/rooms/30706525

@Sam_Odio Can I get more info about your property? how can we talk private?

Not sure: you have…

Gabriel_Rodriguez - you should be able to get more info about the listing by googling its address: 137 Las Lomas Dr, Aptos, CA 95003.

If you want to exchange details, you can private message each other. Not a great idea to post contact details publicly. @Sam_Odio @kaiserdr @Gabriel_Rodriguez.

Just click on the profile of the person you want to message and you will see a message function.

I have deleted the contact details.

1 Like