I hate, hate , HATE the suggested prices by Airbnb (along with their harassing emails!)

The solution to end all of your troubles it’s easy. Just stop renting through Airbnb platform. Simple as it gets.

This is snarky and not appreciated.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a pity about the ferries this year starting later.

Enjoy the Baltics and Scandanavia!

1 Like

I got a tip the other day like you said: “Someone was looking at your place but booked a place that was 29 euro less than yours”
I was like: Are you kidding me?? So you are saying I should change 2 people less than 20 euro x night for a BIG room with high ceilings, 3 minutes from the god damn Dome, with all the utilities included, kitchen, washer and extra goodies included!??
Lol, please… They are annoying as hell.

I agree totally with JON808, its absolutely annoying and also discouraging… here in São Paulo a lot of hosts are migrating to other platforms

As another forum post noted in another related topic regarding the air emails on price, it is some algorithm and does not take into account your amenities, if you offer a tent, couch, yoga mat to sleep on or a whole castle. Ignore them.

2 Likes

SO MUCH for being ANONYMOUS - you form requires a sign in!

No no no. All surveys need a mod approval. I’m unlisting it.

If so, this is sinister.
How did you arrive at this?

For your amusement… the average price in my area for the month of January is in the $129 per night range. For a private room, it is lower at about $85 a night. My rooms are a tad more expensive. However, my price “nags” lately have simply been lying.

31 PM

HaHa! Trust me, I would have noticed if ANYONE at all was selling their space for $4.00 per night. We are talking major city, near major universities, with a hearty and robust convention trade.

And that is my amusement for the day.

1 Like

Debthecat - that’s a good way to look at it - free advertising. I’ve been on the subscription for Vacation Home Rentals which gets advertised as part of TripAdvisor - but all the way at the end so we never get seen. If I go for the pay-per-booking and leave the rates the same as other sites, savvy travelers will probably find my website (we have branded our place, too
Thanks! Now to figure out how to keep the reviews we have.

I noticed something like that but was not sure what was going on.

You won’t regret that - it’s beautiful

1 Like

Some remarks on this.
In high season, we set the minimum nights on 3 and if we have some reservations, we block the night before and after in order not to be forced to go to clean the apartment between 12:00 and 14:00 on a particular day (we have a life outside airbnb and the apartment is at 30km). The apartment is always fully booked if we take this into account. I still get the messages. So the messaging machine, does not check the availability conditions.
I keep INCREASING my price in order to try to have the apartment available ourselves from time to time, we love to visit the city ourselves). Tis doesn’t work. If we want to go ourselves, we need to really block it.
This is called Social Economy. Please Airbnb, you are one of the richest internet businesses. Please keep it social.I don’t need more bookings. Let’s keep it my choice.

Exactly! I have Airbnb suggesting I list my place at $12 per night! I have a small room with shared bathroom and it’s really more of a crash pad, but it’s quiet, it’s close to the airport, it’s clean with a nice bed. I don’t expect I’ll get resort prices. Looking around at the competition, nobody is going below $30, maybe as low as $25, but $12!!! Where are they getting these numbers? It’s SUPER upsetting when you feel like you are being told you should lower your price when you’ve already done it. I wrote Airbnb an email, but it was really more of a vent. It is almost enough to make me want to quit renting the room, because that’s just insulting to suggest a price that low.

2 Likes

I was just looking at one of my Airbnb emails. They are letting me know that guests looking for 5 and 7 day stays chose another listing. less

Of course they did. I don’t particularly want longer bookings so I here are the discounts I offer.
length

Ignore the bots and price your place according to what you need and what you can accomodate. I was booked every night that I was availbable for the last month. All the while Airbnb is telling me what I need to do is lower my price.

2 Likes

I guess, I understand your style, but I’m not like that. I’m an artists, so I’m extremely visual and detail oriented. I would rather spend 10 bucks more for something more flattering. But that’s just me.

10$ is no problem, just don’t call people who don’t want to spend lots of money on things not important to them “cheap”.