“I cannot recommend this any higher.” Then guests pings me on value!

My only “demerit” was a four-star rating for my communication.

I could not sleep well one night, and replied to my upcoming guest’s message at 3 a.m. I did not realize my incoming message made the guest’s cell phone “ding,” which woke her up.

Now, I only reply to messages, between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m., of the guests’ time zone.

Alternatively, be nice to everyone :wink:

Ha ha, I was teasing :wink:

Me too :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Well, in my case it happened the opposite: a guest gave me 5 stars in every category and 4 overall! I’m clueless why.

I don’t even know which one matters for the superhost status. I think it’s the total right?

Yikes, really?! Hopefully folks have gotten smarter with their Do Not Disturb settings. How can we possibly know where they are in the world at any given point in time?!

1 Like

Charge for the extras, at least. If you are going to lose stars anyways you might as well get paid better. And when they do pay they will see the value in what they got perhaps (instead of thinking it was no skin off your nose since you easily handed it to them for free just by hem asking).

On he other hand they may decide it is not worth paying for and either take their low stars elsewhere or maybe be happy with what they got in the base listing.

Certainly worth a try.

And, unfortunately, you are just as likely to get dinged again because a guest contacts you at 8:01 pm and you don’t respond until 9:00 am, almost 13 hours later. Ya win some and lose some there.

2 Likes

Ya, I learned that quickly and I do now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got “dinged” twice for too much communication. But one was a bad guest who luckily canceled the second stay she had booked for the following month and the other complained because I checked in to see how everything was and if they needed anything…said in the public review that she felt like being checked in on by relatives…I think she was a young 20ish staying with her boyfriend and 2 dogs.

We got dinged 3 times for communication… by the same couple :confounded:. By circumstance they got to stay 3 times in a row, and 3 times they dinged us. The small circumstance being: not speaking spanish, traveling unprepared, being naive, getting drugged on a bus and stripped of all their belongings. But hey, 4 stars because my MIL doesn’t speak English, in Latin-America :roll_eyes:.

1 Like