I am so over hosting. Star ratings can bite me

My mom was (luckily) the next guest after this one, and she said that water did come out, but just barely any, and not enough to take a proper shower.

That’s why I found this whole situation so bizarre! Although it was a work trip, so maybe their job covered the expense? Who knows.

If you really want to know, ask for a receipt. If they did book alternate accommodation they will be eager to show you proof so that you can validate their hardship. Sometimes there is something going on behind the scenes that motivates unusual complaint behaviour.

I actually had one guest shut the power off in my suite and smash a lightbulb thus creating a plausible excuse to force her way into her daughter’s place… exactly what she had been hoping for all along. It was very important for her to play out the theatrics of this drama which continued to involve me. This happened to me once before as well with another mother (guest) of a daughter who didn’t want her staying over. In both cases it was a newborn baby scenario and these scorned mothers scapegoated my listing to get themselves in their ‘rightful’ place inside the home of their daughters. Was entertaining the first time as a very helpful son in law resolved all 6 “issues” his mil raised. Watching these mothers in action or was completely understandable why their daughters didn’t want them staying over. Felt really bad for these daughters who had just given birth and having to deal with that.

4 Likes

SB96711- this wasn’t the water issue that I mentioned in the other thread. This shower problem was a result of that water main repair, but this guest didn’t ask me for any reimbursement (nor did I offer any.)

Holy cow about your crazy mom guests! :astonished:

I might shut off the power/heating/water myself when my MIL comes to stay when our baby arrives in January…

7 Likes

How sad. I don’t have a MIL as she died before I met my husband but I had a Mom. When the babies were born. I cried when she left. She was so helpful around the house and left me to figure out what I had to do with the babies.

I also now check the diswasher and washing machine. The check list keeps getting longer each day! It’s exhausting.

1 Like