I am Cranky about Arrival Day - RANT

I spent a lot of time trying to make sure that my Calendar and timing was set for Christmas and New Years.
So Confusing…I still managed to mess up.
I am posting my parameters so you can learn from my mistakes.
Here are my settings. My intention was a stay for Christmas, and then a stay for New Years, with New Years weekend being adults and arriving on Friday.
Now guests - family group - are arriving on Thursday the 27th. Additionally, I have a 2 kid limit and they are showing with 4 kids. Dang that I need the money. Dang.
Yup my settings ( see below ) are “wrong” and allow for a thursday booking. I think I am kinda smart, but we really need to be totally smart to make sure we input correctly to get what we intend.
Here is her inquiry…but before I had a chance to answer, she booked.
I know I can bail as “not comfortable” but I get paid early and I need the $$. Hard to walk away from $2700+ when you need the money. ( car broke down ).
Inquiry:
We are interested in booking the house for 12/27-1/1, but I wanted to check first. We have 4 adults and 4 children (ages 15, 13, 8, 1.5). Given the notes about 2 children, I wanted to see if we can still book. Children will not be left unsupervised at any time and we are not anticipating using the boat dock or being in the water, aside from adult use of the hot tub. Please advise as we’d like to book your property if everything is good. Thanks much, Julie

1 Like

I feel for you, @georgygirlofairbnb. It is so hard to get these settings right! I’m not sure how you would go about getting them to do what you want to do. I’ve resorted to blocking a day sometimes when I want to force a checkout, and then putting in the title to INQUIRE about availability of that date.

I’d be happy to test some dates if you want me to…

1 Like