Husband part of airbnb complaint

@dcmooney
I know it’s tough on our relationship but if it makes you happy, i loved Rosemary Clooney, come on a my house!

1 Like

Me too! My favourite RC movie moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH2KGboA35c

Omg Dc i cant stop laughing…so relevant right now! Brilliant! Bet you have never written this, youre too nice!! loll

1 Like

"I’m so sorry you didn’t find my husband satisfying…none of our other guests have complained…:

6 Likes

r you on the wine dc lol

2 Likes

Part of me wants to say not to justify it with a response. But then again, if you explained your husband’s work schedule in a response, it could help to manage future guests’ expectations.

1 Like

ha ha no just sitting here paying bills!!!

This thread just cracks me up…I can’t imagine such a complaint…

1 Like

That’s how I felt exactly. Funny thing was his son got back and retired quickly to their room. I didn’t mention it in my review because it didn’t matter. You want to relax in the space you actually rented, have at it but god forbid my husband retire early in the place he pays for.

How do you know they lowered the review to 4-stars because of your husband.

More importantly, how do you know how many stars they left at all? I can’t see any of the ratings reviewers leave me.

I track it. After each person leaves a review, I notate the number of stars in each category, and compare them to the totals following the previous review. I am not a lover of excel, but this is a very good use of that tool.

I suspect that after I have been doing this for a longer time, I won’t bother as much, but I only have 12 reviews and decided after getting the dreaded 4 for Location, that I wanted to know WHO was leaving lower star counts.

2 Likes

There is also a subtle indicator in the language on the stats. If you click on “location” it will say something like “Great work! Your last 2 Location ratings were each 5 stars. Overall, you’ve received 5 stars 94% of the time. On average, hosts near you get 5 stars 81% of the time.” This let me know that the last 2 guests did leave 5 stars, but the one before that left just 4 stars. If you’ve been consistently at 5 stars, just count backwards in your reviews to find the one that was different. On the other hand, this won’t catch anything further back than the most recent time you’ve had 4 stars.

We have 5 stars overall but two guests (don’t know who) left 3 and 4 stars for location. There is no reason to come to our island unless you want to be here either to explore the island or for a family or work reason. The entire island is only 1/2 a mile wide and 1-1/2 miles long so I don’t think they meant the location of my house as we are close to everything - actually everything is close to everything. So I guess they meant the location of the island vis a vis the rest of NYC since you have to take a bus to the nearest subway. But you wouldn’t come here if you wanted to explore Manhattan and I say so in my description. So now I tell all inquiries that we are not convenient for traveling to Manhattan. I declined a few and when I checked where they stayed instead I saw one stayed in queens and the other in Harlem. So different from our locale. Guests can be clueless.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone pays much attention to reviews anyway, so why fret over a 4 star review.

I can’t tell if you are being facetious. I think more than not potential guests pay attention to reviews. That’s part of the decision process isn’t it? I know our 2 sets of most recent guests have said it was the reviews that helped them decide. As a traveler I also read reviews before booking a place as well.

2 Likes

Of course you are right, @Langcoeur - many of my bookings mention my good reviews in their inquiry. And when I shop listings, I focus on them 90%.

Edited to clarify - the reviews are probably 75% of my decision, photos 25%. Of course, that’s after finding a place in my price range. I read them, not only to find out if they liked the place - but what they liked - and didn’t like. I also, very much, read host responses - if they reply with an attitude I won’t rent the place. If they reply to criticism professionally, I will keep in in consideration.

What is annoying, actually, is when hosts write “thanks, guest! you were great, please come back at any time at all” etal. Just gets in the way.

1 Like

My guests pay attention to my reviews and they tell me so. I read them for a place I’m interested in booking.

1 Like

I track the stars, but everything else was 5 stars except the overall experience and my husband was the only complaint. It’s an educated guess.

1 Like

I got in most of case 5 stars in communication as long as I offer some welcome drink like coffee, cola for European people or Americans. I had to serve.not just leaving some tea bags. Just treat them like your parents.

Why would you want to treat any old Airbnb guest “like your parents”? I do think your parents should mean a bit more to you, shouldn’t they?

I’m sure she meant be gracious and polite.

1 Like