How to reply with a decline to someone who asks for a discount?

No, they now throw bad AirBnB guests.

10 Likes

I use smart pricing on AirBnB , so I tell them the price is set by AirBnB based on demand for my type of accommodations in my market.I also tell them that I never get all the money they pay, just a portion is for me. The rest of the money is collected for AirBnB and local government laws. In my case, a guest may pay as much as $80 a night of which I see $60.

1 Like

@Mearns ! Iā€™m staying at your place in January! So excited!!! Happy to see you here!

2 Likes

To add to the conversation, I never give discounts-anymore. Why should I subsidize your vacation? In July I agreed to waive my extra guest fee for a family of 5 coming to San Diego during Comicon week (busiest week of the year here). When she asked about waiving the addition $25/night for her 15 year old, I was like oh okay sure. I figured with a mother and father, grown daughter and husband and 15 year oldā€¦my place would be in great hands. SO SO WRONG. My jaw dropped when I came home after renting it to them for 6 days and saw bowls of grease lined up on the counter, stains from shoes on my rugs (despite having a no shoes in house policy), My pool had hair floating in it and old band aids around it. They had somehow managed to pull my frameless shower door partly out of one of the hinges. Apparently no one had ever learned how to use a toilet eitherā€¦it was like a class of preschoolers had used my bathrooms. Anyway, my point is the same as some above had madeā€¦people who want discounts donā€™t see the value in your property and wonā€™t treat it like their own (or theyā€™re horribly disgusting people who live in filth even at home). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So jealous! :slight_smile:

1 Like

New forum members are required to invite. At least 10 of us to mearns place!

1 Like

Oh Iā€™ve been telling everyone about it since I booked in last Februaryā€¦I pull out my phone and go look! Iā€™m renting an island in Belize this January! Hahahaha!

3 Likes

Wouldnā€™t that be fun!

1 Like

Iā€™m seriously thinking about booking five nights in April 2018 (his next open month!). I was soooo close yesterday. Might do it tonight after a little wine :wink:

@Mearns ā€“ I will contact you through your Air page with a bunch of questions.

4 Likes

I just read about the manatees and Iā€™m hoping I see some. We only get 4 days there, but Iā€™m so excited about it!

1 Like

Have yourself a great time!

@Sairey, I see your reservation on the15th. Tiny world indeed. :slight_smile:
So you are a host too? Always fun talking with other hosts and exchange lessons learned. How very cool.

@sandy2. About mid January- March 30th is just gorgeous here. April is a bit breezy, May calm and warmer till June 15th. I love January-end of March best.

Donā€™t forget to ask for a discount.

3 Likes

@Mearns ā€“ those months are already booked, unless I want to wait until 2019, which I donā€™t. One of the questions I have ā€“ do you ever get cancellations, seeing as how guests are now booking over a year out?

@Mearns Yes! Weā€™re arriving on 1/15 (my birthday!) If 1/14 happens to magically open up weā€™ll be more than happy to add that day to our stay. I am a host in San Diego. I rent my guest room and guest bath most of the time, and my whole house if Iā€™m out of town traveling. I love that Iā€™ve found a host forum. I kinda went into hosting blind and learned a bit by trial and error.

2 Likes

I got ā€˜reservedā€™ days in that time frame. :wink:

Addendum: Cancellations 2/150; but really they are bound to happen.

What!? We all hate you! Go away.

LOL, Iā€™m kidding. Welcome to the forum.

5 Likes

Please do it at 3am so it wakes him up. :smile:

2 Likes

Hahaha. Good one k.

@Sairey Just asked the previous guess if they could move one day ahead. then would work out. Will let you know.

@Mearns Oh thatā€™s very sweet of you! Thanks for asking them :slight_smile: