How To Removed Simplified Prcing

We had done the same, pre Covid. It’s only now we’re seeing folks coming back, and on that note, the BDC couple currently in situ have just decided to extend their stay.

More Oloroso vouchers in the biscuit tin :blush:

What we get a lot of is Jerezanos who’ve moved away, and come back to visit family, but don’t want to stay with family!

Happy days :blush:

JF

1 Like

I have a guest who has stayed with me 4x. One of her tias lives on my street.

1 Like

We’re getting that too, at least 75% of our occupancy is people coming to see family but not staying with them. There are the added bonuses that the stays are much longer and that they are gone all day with their family.

I’m just building my site and confused about which fee is better for a new Host-simplified fee vs Host only fee? Do I not have choice? Would love some guidance on that.

By the way, My name is Cher (Jingles is my dog)

It depends on your area and whether you are a host who uses a channel manager. Most hosts have a choice.

As to whether which fee system is the best, because Airbnb offers a choice, rather than it being standard for all hosts on the platform, you might want to take a look at what other similar listings in your area are doing. If they are mostly using split guest/host fees, it could make your listing appear more expensive at first glance not have any guest service fee (although the end result is basically the same for the guest, as if you use host-only, you need to up your nightly rate to cover your increased fees).

If you see that most hosts are using host-only, then you wouldn’t be at any disadvantage if you also went with that.

While most guests say they want to see the total price of a listing right off the bat, rather than get a nasty surprise when they fill out a booking form and see all the additional fees, as it seems many guests are not very observant readers, they may miss that a listing includes all fees, and just pass on the ones that seem a lot more expensive, even though they really are not.

That’s my take on it, anyway.