How to place discounts on small groups

Hello! Im a host with a house for 4 people max capacity. Besides on airbnb I also use booking and they have a very useful tool. Depending on how many want to rent the house the price diferenciates. For example, I can set a discount of 10% if they are 2 or 20% if its only 1 person.
I would like to know if there is a way of doing that in airbnb.
Thx

AirBNB goes the other way. You set your price for X number of people, and then charge N number of dollars for any no of guests above X.

Yes, set your rate for 1 person and have an add on for additional guests. Although, in my opinion you should set your base at 2 people. You will leave money on the table otherwise for single bookings and likely have to deal with people booking the wrong guest count to save money.

Just my opinion, but I don’t give discounts. When’s the last time a Marriott gave you a discount for staying 5 days instead of 4?

I don’t know about Marriot but I get offers every year from Affinia hotels in New York.

Thing is, we aren’t hotels and shouldn’t be compared to hotels, or so people are always saying.

1 Like

Totally disagree. To me a single person is less hassle, less wear and tear and costs less. I think it would be unjust if the price for one person wouldn’t reflect this. The price difference between 1 or 2 people is a difficult one: My ideal would be 1 person 75% of the price for 2 persons.

how do I do that? thx for the help

So I need to set my house to 1 person? that doesnt sound right

Set it to accept however many people you want to accomodate. Then set the rate as being xx for one person, then add a fee for each additional person.

Agree likely less wear / tear, but they are using the same place. I’m not going to price under market to snag single occupancy.

1 Like

This really depends on the market and each listing. No way I can make everyone pay for two people. I’m already one of the highest priced listings for what I offer and I get a lot of singles. In a listing where you get a lot of couples it makes sense to price for two. In high priced listings you don’t have to worry about it. I was in a place that was $750 a night. It didn’t matter if there were two of you or at the limit which was 14.