How to lose a TA review

So I had a horrible guest over New Years, of course I was out of the country and relying on my housekeeper so not much I could do during his stay. He booked for 6 guests which is my max, and showed up with 9. I did not look at the security footage until the day of checkout so by then it was too late to kick him out which is what the contract states will happen in such a case. (direct booking) So after checkout I messaged him that I was checking the security cameras and saw he had 9 people and as a result I would be keeping his security deposit. The way I see it he got off cheap considering he was allowed to stay. Turns out he stole 2 flashlights, a nice jute reusable grocery bag and a extension cord. So anyway he left some reviews, 2 on my google business pages and one on TripAdvisor. I responded to all 3 the same, using his name so people googling him would find them:) Well TA would not post mine because I identified him.

So this is what I did to get rid of the TA review. It was my only one from them and I have only had one booking from them in a year so I am ok dumping them. I changed the address in my settings to another town and turned off the listing, just turning it off was not enough because it still showed. Now when I search for my listing on TA it comes up but it is mirrored from VRBO with 5 good reviews. The bad review is nowhere to be found:)

RR

5 Likes

UPDATE TA removed the review after all:)

I can update my listing now.

RR

1 Like

I was looking at a place nearby a friend’s having a big birthday party and the only 2 bad reviews on Air were from people who had been caught smuggling in extra guests and then cracking the shits when they got caught. it seems to be a thing - not just doing it but thinking one is clever for trying it on. And then punishing the owner with nasty reviews for catching them out. Some people. Thanks for the tip. I leave good Google reviews for good businesses and then turned up at my barber’s (Sweeney Todd’s) and they gave me a free haircut for leaving a great review. I also check them but like 1 star TA reviews often laugh at the obviously vindictive ones.

1 Like