How to improve your value score without dropping your prices?

I love your article @jaquo. It is a nice go to checklist that I am definitely going to use.

To increase value I buy all my furniture from second hand places from wealthy areas. I select branded goods and avoid Ikea as I think it can look cheap. I use the mantra that all the assets purchased for the Airbnb should sit well just as well in my home. I think that this is key to making sure the Airbnb is authentic. And guests value Authenticity.

My passion with Airbnb is to create value by making authentic experiences that surprise.

At my business school I was introduced to the concept of strategic pricing. One idea that has been used in a few industries around the world is called probabilistic pricing. It turns out that people value the idea of a gamble over the guaranteed discount.

Inspired by this thread, I made an article for Medium about it here if you were interested.

2 Likes

Try to give best then your competitor in same price It is the best way as per my opinion :grinning:

How many guests remember that THEY chose to pay commission to Airbnb in addition to your price? It adds to costs.

1 Like