How to find Apartments suitable to run an AB&B?

Household name in 50% of households. I’m still constantly explaining it to people.

Well. Depends on your area of course. As I live in a resort area, we’ve been familiar with the kinds of vacation rental platforms since VRBO was new! :wink: back in the early 2000s. Before then you had to rent a Hawaii home through a property manager. My friend has a very successful, old fashioned PM firm on the Kohala coast that dealt with mainly high end rentals. She had a brick and mortar office and is of course a real estate agent. She’s had to adapt to the onslaught of Air and VRBO over the years and has found business picking up again as hosts deal with burnout and trying to manage a vacation home (especially high end oceanfront) from the mainland. You really need a good property manager who can deal with the constant headaches. In the end paying them 20% is worth the hassles. Just know from doing my other friend’s at the beach that there is no amount of money that would persuade me to do that again.

But I digress…

I guess we all shouldn’t be throwing around percentages about Air’s brand awareness without the proper citations. :wink:

Like this one from Pew Research?

1 Like

@KKC
Great article! Thanks for posting it.

1 Like

LOL! Leave it to the professor to find the source. :smile: !!!
And look, there is our own @mearns in the Islands story they reference. :slight_smile:

I still think the numbers are low though, and they probably didn’t contact anyone in Hawaii durng their research. :wink:

1 Like

I think they explained it when they talked about white upper class users. I live in a relatively low income city with an 85% Hispanic population which is why 80% of the people I mention it to have never heard of it. LOL