How to contact a host who no longer hosts?

Oh yes I understand completely. 13 is good for a Dobie. Dogs are living so much longer now than when I was a kid. We’ve learned so much about what can keep them going longer but gosh their lives are so short compared to ours. I don’t know if you ever have time to read but I loved The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Of course there are a lot of novels that try to soothe the pain of short animal lives but that particular book really hit a sweet spot for me and gave me a way to think about their lives that resonates with me.

3 Likes

These are all possible indicators of someone with ASD. It can be very difficult for some people on the spectrum to interact with people, both in person and online.

I think it was really helpful that you were so detailed in explaining your requirements and expectations. If she does indeed have difficulty interpreting body language, facial expressions, and/or tone of voice, the best advice I can give you is to be very direct and literal in all your communications with her.

Also, I am very sorry to read about the loss of your dog.

1 Like

Ahhh, good point. Although certainly not the same that reminds me of Temple Grandin, very smart and famous ASD person.

Thanx for the condolences.

So, my guest has now come and gone. And a few hours later she left me a review. I expect it to be good. This is my rough draft. Way too long I know. I’d be happy to hear the wisdom of the wise here. Thanx in advance.

Diana was a good guest in the private room at my horse farm with inside pets. Based on her first review I had lots of questions and discussion before accepting her and let her know that good communication would be required. She obliged, responding regularly so I was happy with her arrival a couple days into her 2 week stay and was very pleasant to talk with when she had the time. She left the room in great shape, was rarely there and quiet when she was. She did bring a guest/visitor home one day that came in for a few minutes to help her get some things together for a trip to the beach. I was there so it was not a huge problem but my house rules do require advanced notice, full names and payment for all guests. I would not have charged her but it is the principal of following house rules. Other than that she was a very easy going guest and I would be happy to have her back any time.

1 Like

"Based on Diana’s first review I was hesitant to host her for two weeks but she answered all my questions and concerns promptly. She was quiet, clean and pleasant. There was one very minor rule infraction. If you are a stickler for rules, make sure Diana is clear on all expectations. I recommend Diana to all hosts. "

All that other information is irrelevant to me as a fellow host.

4 Likes

@KKC, I think this is a very good version. I’d go with this one, @Militaryhorsegal.

Thanx. I am still out of hearts for another 15 minutes…

Sorry about that. It’s some odd setting on the software that we have no control over. I don’t know why there would be a limit on something like that.

1 Like

Oh no worries. I wasn’t complaining, just getting to my 20 characters in a civilized manner that applied at the time. I kind of like the feature, actually. It tells me I have spent too much time on the forum and need to get to my myriad of other tasks.

5 Likes

I have a husband for that.

2 Likes

Yeah, well, I haven’t had a husband in nearly 2 decades…and even when I did it wouldn’t have mattered. Newly single from even boyfriends so slowly attempting to get back out and be more social. I grow to understand more each day recently how and why many of my female acquaintances decide they will never be getting remarried…and if they get a boyfriend he can come visit them at their place…so hard to pick up and move a farm…especially when we will likely get tossed or grow wiser to reality and leave anyways.

How blessed you are, @CeeBee!

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t mean to imply my husband was good for more than telling me to get off the computer…but he’s really, really good at that!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Lol! Ok got it! I guess I’m just pretty sensitive to the subject right now.

2 Likes