How often do you get day-of bookings?

I do it the same way I vet everybody, they have a credit card and a pulse.

RR

5 Likes

So they are all sleeping together? Or you have 4 listings?

RR

2 Likes

Yesterday I went in and manually made my listing available for last night - booked within the hour! I love last minute bookings.

3 Likes

I thought the same thing, but my husband has worked at the ski resort for years and said I wouldn’t believe how many people just show up with no reservations for hotel or even ski school for their kids. Even on days like Christmas!

2 Likes

LOL! They have 3 listings. But I also wondered how you get 4 same days in 3 places.

3 Likes

and @RiverRock Yeah we have 3 listings. But it’s wilder than that. All 4 of the same-days were between 2 listings (3rd listing is occupied). We had cancellations so we had an unusual amount of space available at the last minute. 2 same-days for 2 listings in the evening and then the next day, both booked for the same-day that day. We are not used to that and were running our butts off but ended up making a lot more money than the original in-advance 2-day bookings would have made. I do not want to do it all of the time though :sweat_smile:

Edit to add: And even luckier, one of the same-day bookings actually wanted 5 days! We had to move them to another unit after their first night but a slow week is now rocking.

2 Likes

Sometimes my schedule is tight so I switch to accept same day until 6 am or something like that. Then I switch back the next day. Or open it back up later in the day if I get everything done.

1 Like

I actually have a 3-day advance notice on ours so no IB within 3-days but I do accept requests past the 3-days. I feel a little more secure that way because if we don’t have our stuff together I can at least just tell them the truth, “sorry, we can’t have it ready” and then they withdraw because they’re looking last-minute, they don’t have time to push the issue. But if they IB, we’d have to hustle. We do try to stay on-top of it but it’s hard with 3-listings to even get a breather and sometimes we have to go see the in-laws or something (about an hour away) .

2 Likes

That’s why I also raise the prices by $15, $10 and $5 for the 3 days on both sides of all my bookings for EACH booking AND also for same day through two days ahead. At least if I have to work that hard and fast I am getting more $ for the effort. Your listings might be better off at at least double that depending on your base prices. Mine are already low and can easily be made into more than double this way.