How much assistance/information are hosts supposed to provide?

My needy guests who decided to return even went so far to mention that they found some dust and hair in the bathroom, but luckily, in the private feedback. I was pretty convinced that this is not true as I really meticulously clean the apartment myself, and I think they were just trying to make some comment after I refused to provide them with free bycicles and late check out (after they already got an early check-in).

My suspicions were confirmed when they contacted me next year to stay in the apartment with which they had concerns “about general cleanliness” the previous year. :smiley: After deliberation with my parents, I decided to accept their arrival as it was in the low season and since we weren’t at home at the time of their stay. :smiley: I told them that they were already there so they know the apartment and the surroundings. They again pestered me with questions before their arrival but I was smarter this time. They were superhappy with their stay, they might come again. I don’t get it. :smiley:

1 Like

Some guests are just like that. I guess we have to bear with them :). My most needy guests are from China (no disrespect at all, I’m Chinese myself), they contacted me multiple times almost every single day during their two week stay. Asking a lot about car rental, transport, how to get from here to there, where to buy this and that, even asked me to book a cab for them. They were not good at English, they couldn’t even book a cab themselves, so I think that is why they relied on me and hope I can solve every single of their problems. I understand them, but I do feel annoyed when I received almost 100 messages (maybe more?). Obviously there are other guests from China, who were not needy at all.