How many don't provide a kitchen?

Micro wise are brilliant for heating milk, no burnt pots.

Also my guests will have their own private bathroom, so can fill a kettle/coffee machine.
I certainly appreciate the value of a nice cup first thing.

There is an ensuite bathroom and the kettle fits under the spigot and the tap water is perfectly good. I also put one bottle of water per person in the fridge.

1 Like

Guests get water from the bathroom (it’s a large faucet over a vessel sink)- our water is good, and the bathroom is large. My place is only about 450 square feet, and is a bathroom and combined bedroom/living room. My kitchenette area is set up really well for coffee/tea/breakfast… I took an antique dresser, put shelves in it and refinished it and have shelves over it. On top of the dresser I have the tea kettle, on the shelves are baskets of tea, cocoa, plates/flatware/glasses/etc, and on the shelves over it I keep the cereal, coffee, tea and tea cups.

My guests all love it- you can check out my setup on my listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14963589

2 Likes

What a cute set-up and accommodation!!

You should make sure that your guests understand that the bathroom sink is the only sink they will be able to use. Personally, I find the idea of washing dishes in the same sink that I use to wash my hands after I use the toilet repulsive.

I love it! And you sound as interesting and charming as can be. The pic of you and your husband is adorable.

Best of luck to you.

1 Like

If you are referring to my place, it should be clear in my listing that the only sink is in the bathroom. I haven’t had any complaints about this, so it doesn’t seem to be a problem (mostly people just rave about how much they love the bathroom- it’s pretty spectacular). If people have a problem with my setup, they are free to book elsewhere.

2 Likes

I was specifically referring to @Barns. However, I believe that any host who expects guests to wash dishes in the bathroom sink should state this in the listing.

Your photos show that your beautiful bathroom sink is the source of where guests would fill a pot with water and wash up, so no additional reference to it in your listing is necessary.

1 Like

I disagree. As most of my guests don’t ever close the toilet seat (and it took me decades to talk my husband into doing so); if they wash dishes in the bathroom sink they are covering their dishes in aerosolized toilet water. I would want this to be made very clear in the listing.

Then by all means make it clear in your listing.

2 Likes

I permit full use of my kitchen.

Thanks!
I was answering the question about where to fill a kettle for a morning cuppa. I don’t intend that my guests have some Fairy Liquid in the bathroom.

2 Likes

It certainly is! Also, it is large enough to make the dish-washing situation perfectly fine and hygienic. I really like your wooden star, by the way. And the lamps and the shelves - everything, really! Great job :slight_smile:

1 Like

@EllenN. I think you are probably in the minority on this one. Most of us feel that we can use the bathroom sink to wash our hands, brush our teeth, and use a cup for water for rinsing out our mouths. To me, if I am willing to brush my teeth then washing dishes with a soap that I can wash the sink with at the same time, or in advance, isn’t a stretch.

I am far more likely to get sick eating a raw salad at a restaurant. For me, the risk/benefit analysis firmly lands me in– I am fine with getting water from a bathroom sink or tub and washing dishes in the same place.

4 Likes

We rented out a whole house that we owned at one time (don’t have that anymore) but I made sure the kitchen was stocked ready to prep a Thanksgiving meal. I really spoiled my guests there (2 slow-cookers, a roasting pan, cookie sheets, pizza pans, beautiful place settings for 12, etc.) I still make sure my guests have constant access to as much coffee, paper goods, linens, etc as they want. We’re currently remodeling the kitchen in our basement apt. and I hope to get it stocked just as well.
So now it annoys me when I go to a rental and have to bring my own salt and pepper with me.
If rentals don’t provide stuff at least say that they need to bring it. We showed up at one rental that only provided about 1/5 of a bottle of hand soap and one partial roll of toilet paper in each of the 2 bathrooms (we were 20 minutes from any stores, we arrived late in the evening, and there were 14 of us). Just tell me what I need to bring so I’m not unprepared an uncomfortable when I arrive.

1 Like

Re drinking bathroom tap/faucet water, it all depends on the water supply doesn’t it? I was brought up to avoid drinking water from bathroom taps because it came from a separate tank stored in the loft and therefore was not fresh from the main water supply. “There could be a dead rat in the tank” was a common phrase, I seem to remember. That would be a bit of a concern for me, to be honest. Not the potential dead rat (ok, maybe a bit) but it would be good to know that the bathroom water was connected to the mains.

Rare to find anyone in the States who still has a tank. This is a concern that would never occur to me in a million years.

1 Like

OK. I am officially Very Old.

2 Likes