How long should an airbed last?

I suffer with back pain so purchased 2 of these aerobeds at a 50% discount and still felt ripped off!

The ones with support zones fail which creates huge bulges making it impossible to sleep on. This also happened to a replacement after only 3 weeks despite being very careful not to drop my body weight (16 stone) onto the aerobed.

The aerobeds develop leaks on average every few weeks. Mainly from the weak points where they have put a lots of circular patterns over the area of the aerobed. 95% of the time the leaks appear on the seems of these circular patterns. I cant see any reason for these circular patterns other than to create deliberate weak points in the aerobed. The five year guarantee does not cover leaks. I doubt it will cover the failure of the support zones, but what would be the point when the support zones fail after little use.

I will not be buying any more aerobeds.

I have owned 2. Purchased from Costco. I will never buy again. They do not last. The machine used to imprint the ‘pillow top’ creates ultra thin spots in the fabric/vinyl. In under a year of light use they start to leak. 10 patches in the last one before to threw it out.