Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

How does a Special Offer work?

Received inquiry on 8-night June stay yesterday. Body of e-mail states guest wants a 5-night stay and inquiry dates are flexible. I respond with a five-night option date, said I had just lowered my June rates, and she could just plug in the dates to get the rate/quote. (Also said I’d help her with in-town activity recommendations after she books. Family trip for her 16 year old daughter’s birthday.)

1. Rate calculated for 8-night stay is not correct, even given a 6% discount for 7-night or more stay.
  2. When I tried to do a special offer using the five-night stay dates I recommended, the auto-claculated # had the nightly rate at $531 x 5 nights for total of $2657. Not correct, way too high. Including cleaning fee, I calculate $1840. If I enter my total figure in the box, does that negate Air’s incorrect calculation? (I also collect 10% TOT on arrival, which I stated in my reply to her inquiry.)
  3. This morning I receive the auto Air msg to approve or decline. What do I do?
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!