How do you inform guests who spray water everywhere and do not use your towels to clean up?

I was talking about the lady using up all the paper towels and doing all the crazy things. Not somebody that used the washer.

But you replied to @Chloe, who was talking about the washing machine issue @Carl_P, rather than to @Rolf who was talking about bathroom use.

Hence the confusion.

Well my bad because Iā€™m trying to do all this on my phone and itā€™s difficult. Apologies to Chloe and please Rolf my answer was towards you.

I had Japanese guests who spoke very little English (UK) she had picked up a crab apple from my lawn. To those who donā€™t have them, they are a very sharp apple which makes your mouth dry if you try to eat them, not to be recommended!, However they make excellent jelly (jam without bits) so I had to explain to her how to make the jelly, with hands and no Japanese!! I think she got it!

4 Likes

Oh my goodness! So thankful she didnā€™t bite into it thinking it was a regular apple! Lol I did have to put a negative part in my review about my most recent guests because the wife almost put a tin bowl with paper stickers in the oven which could have been a fire hazard. I felt a little bad but thought it was important since it was a safety issue.

Iā€™m so glad that our guests are in separate apartments and I donā€™t get to see what they get up to!

1 Like

We live in the building next door to our airbnb property building, so I can see when lights are on, etc. in the unit. Tonight when we came home I noticed that the guest was using the blinds to hang clothes from. Yep, there were hangers hung on several of the slats. They check out tomorrow so weā€™ll see if it caused any damage.

You are very patient, I would have to ask for them to come down before the weight did damage them, or the neighbours saw. Do mention it in the review and mark them down.
I have a house rule saying laundry is only to be dried on the airer provided or the line outside , nowhere else.
We have had discussions on here about some neighbourhoods where its considered common to have a washing line. IMHO hanging laundry in windows looks really skanky and I wouldnā€™t allow it.

1 Like

We had guests once who must have washed their clothing in the bath - we do have a communal laundry room thatā€™s available for guests but they didnā€™t use it. They then proceeded to hang all their laundry on the railings in full view of everyone. I was up there like a shotā€¦

2 Likes

Oh cultural differences :slight_smile: Weā€™ve had guests do the same thing. Pairs of underwear hanging up on the same rod as the hand towel and damp towels hanging off the kitchen chairs that I had to move

1 Like

Once again, itā€™s case of guests not reading the listing where the washer and dryer availability is clear :slight_smile:

Like Arlene, Iā€™m right next door to one apartment and a stoneā€™s throw from the other so I can usually sort anything out if I can see it. Itā€™s what I donā€™t see thatā€™s worrying!

Once, circumstances dictated that we had to use an outside cleaner. Not only did she drape wet laundry on the outdoor furniture to dry (and to be pooped on by any passing bird) she also hung wet laundry all over wooden chairs and upholstered furniture in the rental.

1 Like

The cleaner who causes more housekeeping issues than she solves!

1 Like

And moved furniture to the way she thought it ought to be! And didnā€™t clean properly. Hopeless.