Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

How do you handle friend/family wanting to use your rental?

It was !!! OMG. I would have :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: hated it, if anyone would have tried to play me like that.

I called him that day, after mailing it back and simply stated, I had someone
for those dates and I couldn’t possibly accept the gift card knowing the
odds of doing future dates didn’t look great.

I surely hope in the future…esp. this being peak season - that you will charge regular full rate. Yeah a $300 gift card to the restaurant he owns is not really even him spending $300. Now…when he is willing to give up his restaurant revenue for five days during peak season…

No joke!!! I also find it rather ironic that I have been off his radar😆
after that! Hahaaa

I also love it when people you haven’t heard from in ages suddenly become chummy because you have a house by the beach in Hawaii. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh, friends and family!

Just tell them you’re full, or it burnt down!

It’s so transparent! I mean really, come on!

Hi there,

Since I went Airbnb, my offer to friends and relatives is always the same.

Everybody registers for Airbnb.
Everybody books through Airbnb.
And everybody pays through Airbnb.

I am up to my yin-yang with alcoholic friends and relatives. (Just lucky, I guess!)

In 50 words or less, they pay a pittance, but they are beholden to Airbnb, and not just me.

Those that DO book are frequent flyers, and it has worked out very well.

Cheers!.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!