How do you guys determine your cleaning FEE?

How could you possibly know this? Given depression is a serious medical illness that doesn’t occur overnight and not in response to the ambience of a room, this seems quite a ridiculous statement and minimizing of people actually suffering a real depressive episode.

1 Like

You are absolutely right and my statement was not meant to ridicule people actually suffering a real depression epsiode. What I wrote was not supposed to be a medical proof whatsoever, simply my observation from hosting hundreds of single guests in the course of many years. I didn’t say all or many single guests felt lonely, just some, meaning a few.

1 Like

@Gandyv8

We have a bunch of data on this and there’s really a wide range of what hosts are actually pay their cleaners for turnovers. On our system, the lowest I’ve seen is $15 and the highest I’ve seen was around $450. I guess it depends a lot on the following factors:

• Owner’s interpretation of clean
  • Independent cleaner vs a cleaning company

Now, how you set your cleaning fee for your guests vs. what you actually pay for cleaning is another issue all together.

Tim
TurnoverBnB

2 Likes

I too wish that there was an extra bed fee. We get a lot of friends that use the sofa bed and I wish I could charge them more than couples.

In our case we get a lot of business travelers looking for an alternative to a cookie cutter hotel, so definitely not poor.

Wow, this is so fascinating. I live in a small community which has gone through the roof. Our humble little agricultural community is now in the top 18 tourist destinations in the world. I don’t get it. I mean, I’m in love with where i live, but Rome, Paris, Hawaii, my community of 25,000 (!) Around here, a cleaner gets $25-30 an hour. So even if I just open on weekends, I pay $300-$400 a month on the cleaning fees. (I’m handicapped so can’t do it myself.)

I charge $100. My cleaner charges me $50, I tip her $10 and laundry is usually $20 if I drop it off which I do most of the time rather than lug it because I don’t have a washer/dryer. The other $20 covers wine, toothbrushes, shower products etc

I charge $50. cleaning fee. It’s a one bedroom apartment. I often have people spending 10 days or more. The cleaner visits the apartment every 3 - 5 days (depending on length of stay. She changes the sheets, towels, cleans the apartment and washes any dirty dishes. I think that $50 is cheap for what they get and it does not cover a 10 day or more stay.

Cleaning fees? We charge €15 and I spend it all on beer.

What a life :wink:

JF

3 Likes

Size of your place and time the cleaner takes to clean?

I wholeheartedly agree! When we started doing short term rentals I timed myself and I was hard pressed to clean our rental suite in 3 hours. I have documented all of the cleaning tasks and there are many. A pro cleaner is more efficient than I am so the 3 hour timeframe works. This enterprise is only going to work for me if I outsource the cleaning, and there is no getting around the fee you have to pay to get a good cleaner in your local market.

1 Like

I could certainly justify a cleaning fee, but I don’t because our market is very competitive. If we didn’t clean the space ourselves, I might feel differently. We have enlisted our 15 year old granddaughter to help when she is handy and we do slip her a few dollars. Let’s face it, as grandparents, we’d probably be shelling out money to her anyway.

I am the same I have cleaning fees as the fees does not go into my pocket but the cleaner. Cleaning fees in Sydney per hour is AUD 25/30 and all 1 bed apartment have a min of 2 hours cleaning schedule so already I am at 60AUD just for the cleaning, the laundry to launderette is 25AUD per wash + key drop service we use is 10 AUD, and in most cases I charge 80AUD to 90 for the 1 bedroom cleaning, I know he seems a lot but unfortunately this is ongoing market price in expensive city like Sydney CBD. Cleaning fees always depend on the country and cleaners on going price in the region. When I used to Host in Europe my cleaner were 12euro per hour, and laundry between 10 to 18euro and I used a pick up and drop off service for 30euro for 2 bed/2bath apartment which was on average 220eu per night for 2 guests and more for 4 guests. And in some apartments will use ironing service that 8euro for each king size bed set with 4 pillows. Unfortunately things add up quickly and some hosts seems to undermine those cost when they carry themselves those tasks.

1 Like

Here our cleaners charge $150, so that is our cleaning fee. Our places rent from 3 nights to over a month. (Four months a year our minimum is a month) Since the length of stay ranges wildly it would be hard to build the cleaning cost into the nightly rate.

1 Like

I factor it into my nightly fee based on my occupancy rates because I hate the way AirBnB hides this figure from the public in the initial search. When I go to a hotel I don’t expect to have to be hit with a separate fee for cleaning. Ludicrous and not transparent.

We had a small local cleaning company give us a price. She said $75 for cleaning and $15 for laundering - so even though we take care of it ourselves usually, we charge $90 to cover her fees for when we need her.

1 Like

I charge 37 Euros. I clean myself. I put this price to make one night stays worth it.

1 Like

Hi, how big is your place? I had an AirBnB and now my daughter took it over. I always cleaned it myself when I owned it…(took me 6 hours and was doing the laundry at the same time)

My daughter works so has to hire her cleaners. She is getting charged $70 CAD+ for laundry and always around $200 per clean. 3 bed / 3 bath ski chalet. Her cleaner just upped the rates too!!! Additional $5 per hour effective in 2 weeks… My daughter has now hired another cleaner.

1 Like

One is 3bd 2 bath, one is 2 bd 2 bath. They are single story unattached homes. The cleaning service specializes in STRs, so the high prices account for flexible hours and extra deep cleaning.

1 Like