How do you feel when you see your ad on someone else's profile?

I don’t know if I should feel complimented or ticked. I had a guest that became a host the following month. I was sloughing to see where my guests have traveled. When clicking on one of my guest profiles I found that they had become hosts and copy and pasted 99% of my profile on theirs. How would other hosts feel about that? I guess I am shocked more than pissed.

I would not care. If he is not creative enough to write a text on his own, he will not succeed in hosting.

1 Like

Though not a big thing this is not ethical. Perhaps send him a message that you had noticed the use of your profile and politely ask him to change his profile.

Something similar happened to me after I first started in 2014. I don’t think the fellow ever got a booking before he disappeared from the site. As a retired teacher I hate this kind of intellectual parasitism. But all too many people think it’s perfectly ok and it’s probably not a battle worth fighting. If you did write them they would probably wonder why you were stalking them.

Send the guy a note chastizing him for theft of your intellectual property. I have no qualms about fighting that battle, as I have done for over 40 years.