Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

How do you feel when you see your ad on someone else's profile?

I don’t know if I should feel complimented or ticked. I had a guest that became a host the following month. I was sloughing to see where my guests have traveled. When clicking on one of my guest profiles I found that they had become hosts and copy and pasted 99% of my profile on theirs. How would other hosts feel about that? I guess I am shocked more than pissed.

I would not care. If he is not creative enough to write a text on his own, he will not succeed in hosting.

1 Like

Though not a big thing this is not ethical. Perhaps send him a message that you had noticed the use of your profile and politely ask him to change his profile.

Something similar happened to me after I first started in 2014. I don’t think the fellow ever got a booking before he disappeared from the site. As a retired teacher I hate this kind of intellectual parasitism. But all too many people think it’s perfectly ok and it’s probably not a battle worth fighting. If you did write them they would probably wonder why you were stalking them.

Send the guy a note chastizing him for theft of your intellectual property. I have no qualms about fighting that battle, as I have done for over 40 years.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!