How do you deal with minor damages?

Hi konacoconutz, read your frequent posts, could we see your place?

Hahah, Hi Justice (love that name!) Thanks for asking! I donā€™t post any details publicly for security reasons.

Such a shame! I.m intrigued.

1 Like

Why how flattering! :heart_eyes: But aside from being in Hawaii, Iā€™m really quite boring! :grinning:

1 Like

Sorry to hear about these troubles. Weā€™ve started locking up extra supplies in a closet and bringing them out as needed. Some things may be cultural but we havenā€™t had many guests from China and things were going missing as well as many many extra towels used if left out.

Regarding your new knife set, your credit card may have purchase protection that will cover a replacement set. Call and see how to make a claim.

1 Like

Can anyone explain to meā€¦can you make a claim to Airbnb for damages from their insurance, or is that only if you have requested a security deposit from your guests? After our guests left yesterday, we discovered the bathroom flooding due to sewer clog. Damaged the floor and soaked the rugs and spent $300 for Roto-rooter, who said 95% of time itā€™s someone flushing something wrong down the toilet. Guests were 3 women. I havenā€™t asked them yet if they flushed something down they shouldnā€™t have. There is no way to prove it. Hours of extra work for us too.

What would you do?

You donā€™t have to have a security deposit in order to request payment for damages. However, toilets usually take a long time to clog. Itā€™s virtually impossible to tell who clogged a toilet.

I see. Thanks for your quick reply, Ellen!

@nan
Hi nan, sorry to hear what happened. You can claim without security deposit. But you must do so before next guest checks in. Make sure you have lots of photos, quotes to repair and other documents requested by the Airbnb team. Good luck!

1 Like