How do refunds work when guests cancel?

Manoa, spot on!!! Maybe get rid of her now! You don’t need this sort of trouble!

Isn’t it a pity that hosts don’t let guests book on “standby” GET REAL! You are already getting free airfare. Book both nights and play it safe. So dumb and shortsighted!

2 Likes

Thanks, I am clearly feeling unnecessarily bad about my actions :slightly_smiling: I in general like having clear rules and expect people (me included) to follow them.

1 Like

imagine if guest could book on standby!! lol

1 Like

@Kirsty_Jane and @konacoconutz, I think this is kind of what they do when they don’t book at all and then get stuck with whatever is available. But I guess she wanted a guaranteed rate as well. There are definitely last-minute bargain hunters. So recently I have stopped lowering my rate if it doesn’t fill. If they want to stay, they can pay the rate that I think is fair.

1 Like

I also have to remember not to get upset – sometimes people are just seeing it as a game. Those are not folks worth getting upset about.

1 Like

I’m still working on that skill… :wink:

Last-minute guests cause you time and stress. That’s the main reason why they shouldn’t get a discount!!!

1 Like

I am only replying to this topic again to bump it up.
There has been some kind of material change to how cancellation refunds are processed. It now seems instead of the easy refunding feature which previously did not involve deductions to your payout, it’s been changed. Now if you go to refund, say due to a booking error, the system processes it like a send money request. In other words, you are sent to the resolution center and told that to send a refund to the guest, it will be deducted from your next payout like any “send money” request.

I know, because I just attempted to refund a guest a nominal amount on his cancellation on a March reservation. It warned me that it would deduct it off my upcoming payout until it was paid off! I immediately canceled the refund and told the guest they would have to wait. The guest then called Air and they contacted me, wanting me to be kind enough to refund on a cancelled reservation that I haven’t even been paid on!

That’s ludicrous and I adamantly refused!

Another reason to set your policies on strict! And hope you don’t get cancellations on extenuating circumstances!

1 Like

Gosh that’s just stupid and silly of Air to assume you would refund this guest pretty much out of your own pocket!!

1 Like

I know!! I really would like to know when this changed! Also, because I have to wait until there is a payout, I am NOT paying the 3% Air commission on a payout that I am giving back! I told him will withhold $100 to cover my hassle. Glad I did. The guest was such a dummy. I am glad he canceled!

1 Like