How do I properly list my property

Hi all, If you don’t mind i’m looking for some help on how to list our property “properly”. We own a lovely three story town house in a fishing village on the coast of Scotland. We live in the property but would like to let out the whole middle floor. So the thing is the guest would have a double bedroom, the sole use of a large living room complete with a large smart TV and satellite and the sole use of a big bathroom with a spa bath, So it’s not just a bedroom and it’s not just a shared room. Technically I guess it’s not a whole property as there would be no access to the kitchen unless specifically asked for (we have our own lounge attached to the kitchen). And we would have to use the stairs to access our living space on the top floor. Having had a dummy run through the listing procedure I’m not sure how to select the options to get set up. I know I can do a lot of it with the written description and photos, but I don’t want to put anything in that might be seen as incorrect information or that might restrict our earning potential.

Thanks for any help you can give

I have a similar listing near Cape May New Jersey. Since there isn’t an option matching my listing exactly, I chose single room. I’ve had no trouble with that choice. I listed 2 weeks ago and already have 12 bookings. Just be very specific in your description as to what your guest will have shared access to and what will be exclusive. You may want to title your listing Spacious Suite in “Your Town” Scotland. I’d love to see a link here to your listing once it’s posted. Scotland is on my list of places to see and your space sounds perfect.

2 Likes

I would call this a private room, with the words Three Room Suite, or some such thing in your title. I have used Private 3 Room Suite in my listing, with some other attributes. Use that title with care. It is what your potential guests will see when they have search results. Also, be sure to mark “private bathroom.” Lots of our guests have used that filter.

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice Elora “Spacious suite” sounds great, we are decorating and purchasing furniture at the moment but just as soon as it’s all complete I’ll put a link to it.

Thanks smtucker some more sound advice there particularly about the private bathroom.

I have similar (although we added a microwave and a fridge and don’t allow kitchen access). It would basically be an apartment minus the kitchen and they share our front door. We chose to call it a ‘suite’. I would just make it really clear in your title that they get a private lounge and bathroom too.

‘Spacious suite with private lounge and bathroom’ (if that fits)

It’s a real shame there’s no in between option for listings like ours!