Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

How do I block someone from rerequesting after a decline?

How do I block someone from rerequesting after a decline? I’m worried about repeated declines of the same guest hurting my response rate.

I’m not sure how you would do that. But has this actually happened or is this a hypothetical question?

This is a question for Airbnb I think. Why did you decline? Even though they say declining doesn’t count against you, it does if you have a bunch of them close together. I’m curious how you resolve this - if you do contact Airbnb about it, could you post here again and let us know what happened?

1 Like

Yes, I declined someone and they requested again the next day.

Wow! They can’t take the hint huh?

As a matter of interest, why did you decline them? If it was because they wanted something that you can’y supply (such as bringing a pet if your listing isn’t pet friendly) then you could contact Airbnb about it.

Are you sure it wasn’t a mistake? I did that recently, they said their place wasn’t available and I accidently sent another request.

I declined them because they asked for a discount, and they requested again offering the full amount, but the kind folks here have warned me to be wary of discount-seekers.

1 Like
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!