House rules mean nothing - airbnb service / support is the worst

@Faheem,

Good to hear that I’m not the only one.

My point for the community is that:

1. If you have house rules, fines, etc. It is VERY difficult to have Airbnb enforce them. They always side with guests.
  2. If you have extra fees for number of people, late check out, or damages which are LESS than the security deposit, it is VERY hard to collect because Airbnb will be judge and jury.

To me, house rules are useless unless They are enforceable.

I work very very hard to keep our suites in fantastic condition- I happen to own suites in a place where the primary MO is “party like it’s 1999”. In my next life, I’m going to buy suites in a quiet location where guests come for R&R :slight_smile:

I don’t fully understand why the guests book through you and Airbnb instead of MGM directly. Is it cheaper?

If you own the suites, don’t you have key cards for them? If so, what prevents you from entering them after check-out time and maybe one warning, and booting the guests out?

Perhaps your check-out time needs to be later, since it is Vegas after all, where I assume people don’t go to visit museums and antique shops. I guess everyone is hung over and needs to sleep in?

You could make your check-in time later, too, which would give you the same amount of time to get the rooms ready.

The check out time on hotels in Vegas is at 11 am. Noone cares how much people party. If people want to sleep in they can buy another night

Oh, I wouldn’t say that. You sound plenty professional.

1 Like

They dont always side with guests. I had several incidents when guests broke rules and I ALWAYS was either compensated or could cancell without penalty. And once my claim was the amount of security deposit and i only got 1/3 of it because icould not proove damages

Really! Call yourself what you want but with 20 properties you are in the real estate or hotel business, albeit a small business. Most of us here have one rental. Your post doesn’t make any sense at the scale you are at. IMHO

3 Likes

How do guests typically check out? I know some hotels run the credit card at the time the guest is leaving and returning the keys? Is there any documentation that shows some sort of time stamp that guest’s card was not run until 4 p.m.?

Ha! Thanks, but I’m probably anything but professional. Although I do provide outstanding value for the money. I couldn’t do the guest satisfaction thing. For my low-end, cheap but high quality offering they’d have to have some nerve to crab about anything, so I wouldn’t want to give them the opportunity :))))