Hosts with compromised health during Covid19

I cancelled upcoming reservations ( no penalty) And everyone thanked me for doing so. I think because this is worldwide everyone understands the situation that we are all in together. I also agree with another commentor that your health is worth much more than a little bit of income you will get. I blocked myself out through the entire summer. I live in a college town and was concerned that I would be getting September and October reservations. I’d rather not until I see what happens.

3 Likes

It is only stand-alone places that are allowed to be offered under that program. And leaving many days between bookings before anyone goes in to clean. And I imagine that essential personnel who sign up for that housing will be in for the long-haul, not just a few days.

3 Likes

What about the morons who claim to be HCP’s, and aren’t?

Ah, thank you for that clarification. I was remiss in not reading the details before I spoke. I also see that hosts are able to donate to help make housing available to first responders free of charge, which I will support as I can.

I’m a former pre-school teacher and dedicated nanny, and I agree. I do understand and empathize with hosts who count on the income. We are now down to bare bones, but are fortunate to be able to cover our mortgage and utilities and food without airbnb income.