Hosts are the worst guests!

The final irony about guests messing up check ins - arriving late; demanding early check in, not communicating well arrival time, etc.
Is whatever you decide to do, try to be flexible, say no you can’t do that, they are going to give you a low score for check in -even if its their fault!

@Elizabeth yes that’s been my experience of check ins. Early check ins never acknowledged and any errors on a guests part result in a low check in score.

With my New Years guests from hell, they simply did not read anything and went barreling down driveways of neighbors (super steep in our subdivision) and even my own driveway, when my super clear instructions told them where to park and even gave photographs. They marked me one on accuracy saying the apartment was hard to find. So so very dumb. And in their review I wrote that they barreled down neighbor driveways and I had to apologize to neighbors, and also noted this was exactly why neighbors grow to resent Air guests. They got a scathing review from me for doing that as well as leaving all their trash in my carport and even more of a mess in the room.

I wish there was a time machine where I could go back in time and simp,y have declined her request. Stupid little fool.

We just had host guests from hell. They literslly :poop::poop: in my hallway! No joke. Destoyed a brand new couch and broke a bed. As much as I wanted to send them an awful message, i left a review, told then I left a review and hoped they would do the same, which they did (good review), then opened my reolution center case :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Your husband is absolutely right about this.

I you print this and put it up on the wall above your bed, so you see it every day, you will avoid much disappointment in life.

1 Like

How did they crap in your hallway?

I guess they lowered their pants and squat down… :joy:

My guess is that were strung out, high on some kind of psychedelic drugs.

1 Like

Was this your property where you’re onsite? If that happened to me I would have rubbed their noses in it!

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

@jaquo

Ain’t that the truth!..or mailed it to them.

(One reaches a point…)

1 Like

Best response ever.

My guess is they were super high and just squatted.

Sadly, we are not on site at any of our properties, I think in this case its more like ‘thankfully’.

2 Likes

Yes, a “host” arrived 2 hours early, I agreed to take her bags, but she insisted on entering my home “just to use the bathroom” we were not ready! She insisted and came inside… she gave me a review saying “check in was confusing and I felt unwelcome”. Incredible.

This is why you never never never let them in early!

I hope your review said something like “arrived 2 hours before check in window starts, and was pushy and demanding despite our kind offer to let her leave her bags.”

2 Likes

Sometimes people just need to do nr.1 or nr.2…

Whoa! Is this the new @KKC ? [clap-clap-clap!] Yesss! :grin:

Ha! Probably not. I talk tough here but in person, not so much. I still haven’t had a bad guest. I don’t know what I’m doing “wrong.”

2 Likes

its really awkward situation for me.

I’m sorry but I find it incredible that guests can ‘insist’. You’re in charge here. Why did you allow this?

I let guests leave their luggage (in my own apartment) or use the loo (also in my own place) because both are really useful amenities to be able to offer. Especially the latter, after a long journey. :slight_smile:

But the first impressions are the most important ones and there’s no way that I would let the guests into the rental until it is 100% immaculate - no matter how much they insisted.

2 Likes

I would not let guests enter an un-clean space either;
There was nothing not clean in the house, It was just not check in time and I was not personally ready to receive her.

She said “thank you so much of letting me check in early"
I said, “Im not letting you check in early, Im taking your bags"
She said
"well, can I just use the bathroom? Please??? Ive been on a train for 3 hours…”
(there are toilets on the train but anyway…”)
The she used the bathroom, went in her room, asked me for a map, etc.
So, checked in.
Im a NY’er in Italy and not a pushover, but there are some moments when people (around 60 years old) can insist and you would have to be really mean (or have a very good lie lined up) to say no.

The irony is it resulted in a bad review regarding check in!

5 Likes