Host endowment email from Airbnb 10/30/20

Give us the shares now, and an option to buy more pre ipo

Like that will happen

RR

I’d be more impressed if they acknowledged how their CS procedures and ratings system have unfairly damaged hosts’ businesses, and if they explained how they would rectify those issues. What about changing their so-called “host guarantee” so hosts are actually able to claim for damages caused by guests? But yet again, rather than asking hosts what Airbnb could do to improve things for hosts, Airbnb instead comes up with something that doesn’t address the issues that hosts constantly complain about.

2 Likes

This. 100%. Absolutely. Best case, we MIGHT see something for Jan 20th. Not holding our breath. So far, Catherine has not been impressive in her new role.

How about something concrete, like NOT removing the referral bonus paid to hosts who recommend and usually advise and train new hosts? They just cut off the program without notification. What’s the incentive to recruit? Or are hosts now insignificant to your business model?

Hi @Ellieart

I think the host bonus amount may be regional. I’ve noticed the reward has varied from $75 to $275 over the past few years. You are correct that helping a new host can be time consuming.

1 Like

I’ve hosted for 8 years and been a superhost for most of that time. I didn’t get the email.

I did a video on this. You have to give their PR department credit. They spin like a top. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ditto. Endowment means tax write-off for Air, and nothing for hosts. After $1billion. So buy stock to artificially inflate the price so the endowments get spent…

Video? Is it on YouTube?

Skeptical? Me too.

I’m guessing they are announcing now so the message doesn’t get lost in the abundance of information pouring out with the IPO. Also it answers the question (sort of): “how will Airbnb IPO help hosts?”

I have a wait & see attitude.

Airbnb isn’t required to do anything additional for hosts so I appreciate at least there is a plan for some host assistance.

1 Like

There we go, fixed that.

But is it?

If we have a bad hosting year, but need a new roof to continue hosting, does anyone think we’ll simply be able to apply for €20,000 from this fund? I think not.

Or maybe I’m just being cynical, again.

JF

I think that sums it up for me, too, even though I’m only a 3 year Airbnb host.

I would love to see that. Can you share the link? Do you mean that you did a video for Airbnb to help them promote the endowment fund?

No, he did a video to promote some skanky Airbnb leeching blog.

JF

1 Like

It’s shot up dramatically in Phoenix / Scottsdale AZ. I think it was upwards of $575 when I left my last review 2 days ago. Most likely, supply / demand and trying to gear up for snowbirds and the flock.

1 Like

I think mine said $624 recently. In the old days it was $120.

1 Like