Host burnout - just venting

I’ve upped my prices and blocked off more dates so I can “exist” outside of hosting. It grates at my soul when guests make comments that we are “outside of town” when in reality we are in the CENTER of town but just outside of the historic downtown. As if they know more about where I live in the 2-days they’ve spent there than I do. Or they decide to cancel their reservation because it is raining…in the rainiest city in the US. It is as if people don’t read the listings or do any research before arriving. Entitlement is a theme I’ve seen across cultures and ages which is ruining this experience for many of us. It doesn’t serve the traveler nor does it serve the host.

1 Like

I had a weird one last night an d I’ll get back to her if she leaves her valued feedback
The guy before her though stayed 5 days, in that time I took him for a spin on my Harley and dropped him off to pick so he could collect his vehicle 25km away…his feedback was glowing apart from his 4/5 appraisal of …drum roll (location) his comment “shopping is a bit inconvenient”
I had to reply to let other viewers know that
Distance to nearest:
Supermarket: 1.8km
Petrol Station: 1.7km
Restaurant: 1.8Km
Pub: 1.9km
Post office: 2.1 Km
Chemist: 2Km
Fishing/Diving/Outdoor: 1.7 Km
By car (which he had) ,these destinations are a maximum of 3 minutes away
Regarding the Princess that stayed last night, I truly hope she doesn’t bother me with feedback because I know I will be posting here in the venting section if she does!

1 Like