Host Burnout & Airbnb Censorship

I see your point but when do you draw the line? I can easily say that over the years I’ve had at least two dozen different complaints/suggestions…and all for 24 different things! Once we got a bad review for not having a dishwasher (among other things like not having fancy soaps and lotions)! They never said a word after being asked how they were doing. Nevertheless, this was something we never advertised and it’s clear in the kitchen photos that there was no dishwasher. Now I’m not going to rip up my suite and renovate for one person. It obviously was not a good fit.

I am definitely willing to improve where necessary but I NEED to draw a line somewhere. My attitude is that this is a home not the Ritz and the price reflects that. I am also an Airbnb traveller and there are some things that I absolutely need and am not willing to compromise on (like cleanliness!). Anything above is a bonus.

Yes, because it only takes one big party with drunken idiots to ruin your house!
Think of a security camera purchase as an insurance payment you need to make every 3 to 5 years, since cameras will need to be replaced and technology changes quickly.

2 Likes

Keep in mind I have just an ensuite room but I’d say I’ve fufilled 80% of requests. Some places where I drew the line:

2 guests have complained that the mini fridge compressor makes noise. I didn’t buy a new one but I will be conscious of the issue when replacing the one I have. Or maybe move the fridge into the closet.

A couple have complained about the window AC but it’s less than 5 years old and works fine. Yes, it sometimes vibrates/rattles. This can be solved partial by sliding out the filter and laying it aside.

That’s it. But due to my room being small and being one night guests I get few complaints or suggestions.

Airbnb policy says a lot of things. I had a guest sexually harass me for 3 nights during bronchitis. Then he grabbed my leg. He is STILL on platform even after a police warning.

So I brought in male guests only, figuring that dudes would not stand for it. It worked for a year! But then I got reprimanded for discrimination!