Honesty box do you use it?

Your right…im no where near of anything !

I like the TIP box idea

“Pay Piggy” Tips, or for books not traded, see him up there on the shelf with a small note hanging from his shades? There are more books and glasses and a stereo on that shelf now. Once he was holding down a 40$ tip:)

3 Likes

Im going to get a piggy bank !

1 Like

If I were a guest and saw a selection of things with a box marked Honesty Box, my first response would be indignance – of course I’m honest! Aren’t I? My purchase response would depend on the state of my hunger/thirst and the coinage I my pocket. When I travel I don’t like lugging around change. I travel “by card” mostly, with a minimum of bills (maybe $40USD) an almost no coinage.

As others have said, it greatly depends on what you offer too. I tend to travel with my own snacks. Alcohol I’d rather choose myself. Water? There’s a tap right there… that’s part of what I already pay for – potable water.

It also depends on where you are. You see a lot of that sort of thing as you trip along the canals of the UK in your narrowboat – folks having a canal-side fruit & veg booth. But you don’t see the concept that much here in the US, and seldom, if ever in the cities.

1 Like

Thanks Ken…i would probably be indignent if a saw a box too
But i dont advertise my prepacked items…i may just cut back think i give too much but i do receive tips so i might think about the suggestion of a piggy bank

We have a huge fridge filled with beer, wines and sodas based on the system.
It works very good…

And if you do not have any cash, you are traveling in the wrong country. Plastic is useless here.

3 Likes

Yeh great thats good its sucessful …is it normal where you are do alot of hosts do that?

I have a shelf of last-minute souvenirs/gifts and a cash box with a note on prices and alternate PayPal payment info, and telling guests where to find the gift wrap.
But mostly they buy the Virginia peanuts and, despite all the snacks provided, just eat them! I find the can in the trash.

3 Likes

Does any body get promo tee shirts printed?