Homestay? Anyone with recent experience?

Not very familiar with them. Try out for some research over internet.

Thats incorrect to say they offer 24/7 support, they do not offer this level to hosts.

They offer monday to friday phone support 9.00am to 5.00pm. No phone support, evenings, weekends or bank holidays. They offer email support outside mon to fri 9-5, emails are not gauranteed to be open within 24 hrs.

I have rang at weekends and know there is no support, i just called them as i live in dublin, their head office and one of their reps Philip comfirmed exactly what i have stated above no 24/7 support.

Homestay dont verify guests and guests dont need to provide photo id. I had a guy who had no profile picture , a nick name and refused to provide any formal identification. In my opinion not very safe.

Its miles behind airbnb in my opinion.

I think that guests don’t see the price we list, but the price they will pay with all fees when searching with dates on Air.

So question as I consider listing here for the summer: Is it free to list? Is the only money Homestay makes from the 15% guests pay? Is there anything I should be aware of from you who have hosted on it. I know I was surprised by HomeAway that my first payout was delayed by 30 days after guests arriving…

I like being listed on multiple sites, but I want to avoid the ones that are more risk than reward. Other than the homeaway first payout delay, I am thinking of making that my primary listing site during the summer.

They only thing I could not find out, is if they only allow “homestays”. So people actually living in your house with you, or that they also allow vacation rentals to be listed.

Oh yeah, that’s right. I wonder if I qualify since it’s separate from our house but still on our personal property.