Highly rated host

Well I haven’t been there and I enjoyed reading it.

About Geyser World…I mean Yellowstone. It’s definitely worth seeing. I’d love to see it in the winter but from what I read the logistics of doing so are significantly more complicated. It will never be my favorite NP through because there are just too many people. All the hot spring formations have to be protected with walk ways, the wildlife is all so used to people that they hardly seem wild. And there’s always some dumb person around trying to walk off the boardwalk, or trying to approach the wildlife and you just want to throat punch them so it’s not very relaxing. Seeing Old Faithful in the summer is like being at a theme park. Lots of chattering kids who don’t seem too interested in natural beauty.

So see it but stay elsewhere, which is what Mike seems to be saying too.

This is a reply after reading all the other posts below rather than just your original one. It sounds like you manage dozens of properties with just you and your wife (and cleaning staff). How does that work in busy season with tight turnarounds, late guests, noisy guests etc? Did you have experience in hotel management or renting before starting up your PM business? There is a woman who does this over a 50km square area around me as well as cleaning and she seems permanently frazzled and when she had to go into hospital suddenly for a few days and couldn’t be contacted the while thing went to sh*t. If there had been another cleaning business available she probably would have lost half her clients.

Well if you want snow, I’ve got at least 2 feet of it melting on my boulevard strip! I can only plant certain species out there, because they just get crushed by the weight of it.

But I am not complaining, we had had so many fires out here, that I am ready for no summer for a year. California wildfires are a huge problem for us now. The smoke, by the time it reaches us, is way up in the atmosphere, so it doesn’t quite smell like a fire, but you can feel the temperature physically drop because of the thick haze.

With all of this snow, we are going to have a killer wildflower season. The Shoshone Indians gave our valley the name “Valley of Flowers”, because the hillsides and mountains are just blanketed by dozens of species of wildflower. It seems like every square foot has a flower of some kind.

Come June, we go to our most famous trail, where it seems to dry out first, called the M Trail, and it is like you’re in heaven for a bit. My daughters love it. Giant bright yellow flowers called arrowleaf balsamroot, and mountain lupines everywhere. We don’t do anything but sit around and watch the bees. A sight to behold!

4 Likes

I’ll start a thread for hosts to show off pics of their area, I think that would be fun.

3 Likes

Yes!!! Please do!
Just pics of the area… NOT their places. We have one like that already! Thanks Mike!

Saw your pics! Wow! We should definitely do a trade next winter if you’re up for it. You want skiing, we’ve got that, we need vacations and overdoses of Vitamin D during our winters.

Hawaii is the only US state I have not been too.

1 Like

What did you teach? I am an alumni of MSU in Bozeman. Studied microbiology. Not using my degree in any way whatsoever!

1 Like

Violin, viola and chamber music.

2 Likes