Hi there, new hosts getting started

Howdy, wife unit and I bought a place on the beach in Washington State (close to the Canadian border) this past summer and finally got into shape by Dec and started renting. So far, so good–8 visits so far with 7 reviews and all 5 stars. Lots of bookings for 2018 out to August already. Now we’re worried we might not get to use it!

As yet all the guests have been lovely and we’ve had very little in the way of problems. I know eventually we’ll get some that are less than perfect but not yet anyway.

This forum was very helpful so far as we got started and I just wanted to say thanks and hello.

6 Likes

Hello, and best of luck this year! Block out the dates for your own visits now, so those dates won’t get booked by guests.

1 Like

Mind sharing the listing? My wife and I live in Seattle and try to get out to the coast on the occasional weekend to escape the city.

That’s great to hear @johnbro27

If you are getting lots of bookings out till the summer you might want to review your prices. Have you checked out comparable properties locally to see what they are charging?

And don’t forget to block out some dates so you get to use it.

2 Likes

Happy to, except I can’t put a link in the post :frowning:

If you search for Salish Sea House on Lummi Bay Google should show you the link.

We’re on Lummi Bay between Bellingham and Ferndale. Check out the view–it’s pretty nice.

I was going to say the same… that many summer bookings and your price must be crazy low

Found it. Looks like a beautiful spot! Hopefully we can check it out some day (with some friends- didn’t occur to me that it might be a place that large)!

To echo what others have said, raise your summer prices!!!

Beautiful, peaceful looking place!