Here we go again. Bad press

I have no words. A news story based upon a feeling.

2 Likes

Tulum has gotten a lot of bad press on TikTok this week and Yahoo picked it up.

ClickBait. Sucks.

2 Likes

The shooting that happened at a huge Air party in Pittsburg mid-April and killed a couple people and wounded lots more.
They have never arrested anyone for this.
Rather shocks me.

I was in Tulum long ago when other than the ruins and a few stalls selling souvenirs and food, there was nothing. I prefer it that way. My boyfriend and I hitchhiked around some which, of course, I would never do now.

2 Likes

Yep, I was there way back then, too. Although I live in Mexico now, I live on the west coast and have never been back. My high point in Tulum was finding a whole bunch of the beautiful seeds they call Ojos de Benado (deer eyes) in tangles of seaweed on the beach.

That article is ridiculous. Why would individual bedrooms in a whole house rental have keypads? Some paint splashed on door? Some guy outside they hadn’t seen before? And this somehow adds up to being a sex trafficking target?

That guest should never leave her home comfort zone.

4 Likes

I refuse to click on the story. No wonder they keep publishing this crap. People can’t stop themselves from reading it.

1 Like

“Florida Woman” … that explains everything!

4 Likes

So just to add some context to my last post, search for “Florida Man” on wikipedia and you’ll see something like this:

" Florida Man is an Internet meme popularized in 2013, and then re-popularized in 2020. “Florida Man” refers to an alleged prevalence of persons being crazy or doing crazy things in the US state of Florida .

Apologies to any sane and relatively normal Floridian women who I may be offended by my first post.

1 Like

Finally … sorry for the rapid fire posts, I don’t seem to have the option to edit what I posted, I also don’t seem to be able to post URLs. Is this normal?

There is nothing in the story that would give any normal person cause for concern @Annet3176 - why would bedrooms in a whole listing have locks, paint splatters so what, a man outside…wow big shock.

How they got from there to sex trafficking God knows.

Can’t believe the media was stupid enough to run this non story.

4 Likes

Sounds like too much Adderall to me. Side effects include paranoia, delusions, hallucinations and psychosis. I was more worried about the host when I read the story.

Were they “studying” on vacation? Hmm.

2 Likes