Help with selecting new cover photo

Good suggestions, thank you both, but they won’t work. I know it may be hard to see, but the ceiling is sloped above the bed. Just above the headboard, the wall ends and the ceiling starts sloping in.

This old picture of the previous furniture arrangement shows what I mean.

1 Like
  • kitchen is nice, but it’s bland. I know you’d hate me but I would have gone with red ceramic instead of light blue.

All the tile is shades of brown and taupe. Only the accessories are blue. Red would have been nice too, but I won’t be switching out all the dishes, accessories, and appliances anytime soon. Lots of folks have commented how much they love the blue. Red appliances are easily to find—and I have some from staging my mother-in-law’s house—but it’s harder to find dishes in red.

Then I’d have to change out things in the dining room too, because the rooms are open to each other and there’s lot of blue there—such as the dining room chairs.

But I do like red in kitchens too. As you can see from the kitchen I staged.

2 Likes

The best bedroom. Always.

And please, if you don’t get rid of 2/3 of those silly pillows, provide a clearly obvious place to store them. Finding a place to put pillows and other junk cluttering up the place is never clear to me. Many of us not only don’t need all those pillows, we don’t want them taking up the space we are renting.

3 Likes

And many of us, like me, absolutely need all those “silly” pillows. There are couches and chairs I can’t sit on comfortably without extra pillows behind me because the length of the chair seat is too long for my back to touch the back of the furniture. I like to sit up in bed and read and all those “silly” pillows allow me to do that. Also, I generally require two or three pillows in order to sleep comfortably.

If you don’t need all those pillows, consider yourself lucky. But I’m not going to take pillows out—that some people might really need— to accommodate people who don’t need the extra pillows. All my bedrooms have at least one chair where people can pile the extra pillows. And I don’t mind if they put them on the floor because my floors are clean. Furthermore, all the throw pillows have zippered covers that can be removed and washed.

When I see listings with no pillows on the furniture and only minimum pillows on the bed, I don’t book them. If you don’t like pillows then don’t book places that have more than you are comfortable with.

I really do love this kitchen with red accents <3 Very lovely.

The pillow suggestion was just for the picture :slight_smile: remove them from the picture, but leave them in real life. Some +/- pillows or throws when they arrive is not going to matter but in the picture it does make it less cluttered IMO.

1 Like

Time was when I might have suggested a red white blue patriotic theme. No more.

1 Like

IMO the blue in her kitchen looks great and fits in nicely since she’s in the south, it’s southern blue.

Beautiful place! But I wouldn’t expect any different from you :slightly_smiling_face:

I personally like the kitchen for the cover photo best. It tells me everything that I need to know about your house: it’s beautiful, it’s well-equipped/well-furnished, super clean and homey/comfortable too. If this was your only photo, I would still book. Also, if I’m just browsing (or not reading ,), it tells me that this is a full house as opposed to other types of listings, right away. I’ll assume there’s a bedroom and go and look for a picture of it, but if the first picture is a bedroom, I may think that it might be a different set-up (not a full house) and may not necessarily go and look for a picture of the kitchen.

Your living room is totally fine and cute too! But the picture is not showing it well. It’s not too small or cluttered, IMO, but you need to take a different photo of it. In film and TV we call it “cheating”. You need to “cheat” the ottoman and the side tables away from the couch, for the photo, so that they more accurately represent the actual space.

So, maybe the ottoman is 18 inches from the couch (it should be, BTW, as that’s the standard that is comfortable) but it doesn’t look like it in the photos. It looks smashed up against the couch as do the side tables, making the room look (in the photo) kind of cramped. So, even if the furniture works perfectly in real life, space it out more for the photo. Move the ottoman and both side tables out a bit further than you would have them normally and re-take the photo. I promise this will help make the living room look as wonderful as I am sure it does in person.

4 Likes

Your kitchen makes me wana cook.
It’s just so lovely. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
That said, for some reason, bedroom photos always do it for me. After all it’s Bed N Breakfast right?

Beautiful space. I love your color choices.
I think you’ve gotten great suggestions and you have multiple options for a great cover pic.
My one issue with your place is the size of the dining area rug. The rule of thumb is to have it big enough that the chair legs stay on the rug when pulled out to sit at the table. Usually 24-30” wider than the table all the way around. Especially if you are using a thicker piled rug.
I like the previous posted idea of retaking the living room pic and spacing out the ottoman and tables for the picture.

2 Likes