Help! My guest is having a horrible stay!

What luxury! I would love one but have too many thresholds, different levels and steps all over the place. And I think the cats might freak, although GTC is so thick, he’d probably try to make friends with it…

3 Likes

Actually in the country you get comments like:
“a wood pecker thumping on a tree startled me out of sleep”,
“The hoot. :owl: owl “hoot hoot hoooo”-ing kept me up all night”,
“the constant mooing of the cows :cow: at their feeding time was annoying”, “the nighttime yipping of the coyotes (we have the coy-wolves - pack animals & rarely howl) kept me from sleeping”
And
“The rooster :chicken: started crowing at dawn so don’t plan to sleep-in”

Country living is just a different kind of loud music and partying neighbors!

6 Likes

Make a parallel
Listing . Yeah … one and only bad review is not a good idea

1 Like

:joy::rofl: I actually saw a review just like this in a mini farm listing somewhere in Georgia. Like, why did you book at a farm if you can’t deal with roosters crowing!

3 Likes

I didn’t realize I could do that. Do you mean copy the listing with the bad review and make a new one and have both exist until I delete the first one? That would help out so much.

You can have as many listings as you wish. Just be sure there are no bookings on first one. Block the rest of calendar . I don’t see what else you can do in this situation. You can’t start your "career " with first review being bad. It’s an unfortunate situation but and it needs to be taken care off .

1 Like

I thought you were understanding me. :joy: Just go to your dashboard and create new listing. Call it something different, like
“Lively French Quarter apartment near street noise and revelers.”

JUST KIDDING. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Snooze or hide the other one until those previously booked people have left. I would totally do that since you have one bad review.

If you want to PM your listing to me, feel free! :heart_eyes:

Lol. Or like where I am. Birds at 530 woke me up. Crashing surf was annoying. Whale sounds got on my nerves.

Just kidding. No one has really made those complaints. But they have said something about the ghetto neighbors who finally moved out when the house they were renting was sold. I can’t even begin to tell you how bad they were. Parents verbally abusing kids, loud banging and crashing noises early in the morning. Fighting between parents. but thank god they moved away… Miracles do happen!

1 Like

She posted her previous listing so I think it’s okay to share again
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/24186861

@Dana another gorgeous place, btw. How am I going to decide which listing to stay at?

Holy moly, I am coming!
Too. Wow, just wow.

Love your listing description too… short and sweet. Plus… you do discuss the possible noise.

Silly Princess Crystal’s review is nit picky and somewhat mean sprited, but isn’t that terrible. She fails to mention she left early because she is such a princess, LOL.

It would not keep me from booking your darling place. I would just ignore and book, especially at that great price.

You could jut start another listing easily or just wait and see what the next guests have to say.

Crystal got her comeuppance in her review! Good job by Dana!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: I would not rent to her just based on what you said!

1 Like

Of course I have IB but I would rent to Crystal based on that review. So it takes all kinds and Airbnb is a big umbrella.

I wouldn’t. You have to read between the lines. It takes a lot sometimes for a host to write a bad review. Most hosts are conservative in their reviews. Dana even joined here to ask for our help.

It usually means it’s worse than what is recounted in the review.

To me this guest could not go with the flow and even though was refunded, still found enough to complain about that she had to get up and leave. For 107 per night? Come on.

Translation… nit picky, entitled guest who could not temper herself and had to make a crack about the noise. Guest who can’t roll with the flow, will be looking for something wrong. I would never have her here. She’d find a million things wrong with me if she could not finish her stay in that gorgeous little cottage.

I would pass on this guest if she requested.

I’m not saying there is anything that Dana should have done differently, the review is great. I’m just saying that if this woman inquired instead of instant booking and all I had to go on was current reviews, I would accept Crystal’s booking request. It’s kind of moot point since I have IB with no restrictions on needing to be recommended by other hosts. I’ve had several guests with iffy reviews that I fretted about for nothing.

Our places are very different and so are the kinds of guests we need.

No I get what you are saying and understand what you mean about different strokes… but there is nothing in this review that would send up a red flag for you?

It has less to do with our individual styles and needs than with our experiences.

Because… for the most part you have been lucky… you hardly ever get difficult or bad guests so you are conditioned not to worry about them much. Me on the other hand… I have and now tender the philosophy that no amount of money is worth difficult guests. So, when they signal they are going to be difficult in some way… I decline.

Ah! Red flag yes. But as I’ve posted multiple times previously I don’t let red flags stop me from hosting. I let them make me fret in advance and for the most part, for nothing. You know about the travel nurse who has stayed here twice. She’s left lots of picky reviews but more good than bad. Is she my favorite guest ever? No. Would I rent to her again? Yes.

It’s really moot since I IB.

Interesting approach!

@Dana I love your listing The review certainly wouldn’t keep me from renting your place. I hope you have amazing success and “the princess” is your only & biggest problem guest.

1 Like

Awh, thanks!!! “The princess” is a fitting name for her. Lol :joy:

1 Like

Thanks! I really do hope one you guys from the forum comes to stay one day. I’d be so happy to have you!

1 Like