Help! My guest is having a horrible stay!

I had a robot vac years ago and it didn’t work for me. It was hard to find a place to plug it in that met the criteria. Then I’d come home from work and it would be dead, not returned to the base. It would get partially stuck under or between furniture.

But I’ve considered getting another, perhaps just for a limited space that I block off with the same barriers I use for the dogs. I’m going to go read your article now.

1 Like

“I’d come home from work and it would be dead…” :grin:

2 Likes

It came!

She hate reviewed me. :unamused:
I’m so over this I don’t even care. The place is new and she was the first guest. How was it not clean!?! 4 for location?!? I have straight 5 stars for everything on my other listing and it’s actually attached to this one! She’s crazy! :triumph::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

This is infuriating. How did you review her? Reviews do go both ways.

1 Like

I decided to write a sterile review. I just said she wasn’t happy and canceled her reservation despite being given a free night for a plumbing issue that was resolved before she left. I of course hit the “no” for “would you recommend”.

3 Likes

Thank you! Every little bit helps…I hope.

2 Likes

Okay, so if she is your first guest and first review… can’t you just start over and create a new listing? Delete that one. Start over?

2 Likes

I wonder if New Orleans is like Melbourne where they have renovated and built apartments in parts of the city that were previously given over to late night revelling and the habitues of the demi monde who run by night and sleep by day? And I’m not just talking about vampires and vooddoo priestesses which from my tv and movie viewing I understand New Orleans has more than its fair share.
And now the new tenants are using council bylaws and shutting down clubs and bars that housed our once great live music scene: Melbourne gave the world both AC/DC and Kylie Minogue. I’ve had out of town guests stay in a central city hotel and then complain about nightclub noise. On a Friday night! It really is quite frustrating but the antis seem to be winning. Of course I am set up in a very quiet place in the country that people escape to on weekends to get away from the city noise so I also benefit.

1 Like

Fer cryin out loud, every city has some kind of noise. Try staying in Honolulu! Big cities or small cities, they all have noise. Book the country if you want quiet. I don’t get it.

I also can’t imagine the Hilton giving refunds because there was street noise outside. Can you? Also on their advertising descriptions, do they say “lively city sounds may be possible. Bring ear plugs to assure additional comfort.” No they do not say that. Guaranteed.

The reviews of my flat in Tallinn said it was a great location but there was noise on the weekends and people walking by. What the what. Do you want a central town location? That’s what that means. IN TOWN. WITH NOISE.

That is how ridiculous things are getting with these princess guests.

1 Like

AC/DC - just fabulous. And … Kylie who? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never heard AC/DC described as “fabulous” but I’ve heard Kylie called that many times.

1 Like

I would LOVE to delete this listing and start over, but have a guests staying now (I made the most of her cancellation and opened this weekend up to Last minute bookings!) and 3 more before month’s end. I wonder if I could just block out the rest of the days on Airbnb, list on HomeAway and delete my Airbnb listing when my last guest checks out and start over. What do you think?

Thank you for thinking of us. Foghorn Leghorn hasn’t been able to escape from the backyard since then. Maybe because I clipped her wings or maybe the trauma of being chased around by a fat guy in a wheelchair. Either way she is sticking close to the other girls. And my two ducks, Bob and Vicki, got taken by a fox because I left the back gate open one night. But I drove 100 miles to replace them with 3 Indian runner ducks (2F1M). This is about the level of drama I can handle these days. Here is a picture of my favourite chicken Neetie (RIP) inside and on my desk trying to access FaceBeak on my computer.

11 Likes

“Facebeak” … :laughing:

Oh geez, @JamJerrupSunset, I hate to ask but what happened to Neetie? You say Bob and Vicki are in Quack Heaven and you’ve replaced them with 3 others (I hope the description Indian “runner” ducks) indicate their speed in escaping danger…but maybe you ought not to give them names this time around.

Just a thought.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. No names for them this time. In the past I have only avoided giving ducklings names as when I give them away on Gumtree I am not sure if the people taking them wanted them for eggs, pets or dinner and I’d rather not know.

1 Like

Okay, then I won’t share my recipe with you.

Oh don’t get me wrong - I love duck!!! Just don’t tell them I said that :wink:

2 Likes

Gotcha! (My beak is sealed.)

2 Likes

Don’t misunderstand… don’t delete your account! That’s not what I mean.

But try to open a new listing as part of the same account.

You could black out the calendar, since it’s only a couple of weeks. But don’t go to homeaway right now! They are in a bit of chaos. Plus they charge you 8 percent.

Please don’t Delete your Airbnb account! They won’t let you open two. What I am saying is keep your account, just open a new listing as part of the same account. Keep everything active until the last guest leaves and start anew.

Are on IB? If so, turn it off so no one can keep booking.

I don’t recommend anyone delete their entire account and start over!

I understood you! :blush:
I was just going to delete my new listing. I have two. The first one is doing very well. I was thinking though that I can book out all my nights until the end of April since I have to keep the account till then anyway and block all my dates past April 30th then like you said.

1 Like