Help! My guest is having a horrible stay!

How long ago? My situation was last December.

Mine was last May. It seems that when this issue of cancellation/reviewing comes up on the forum, there are hosts with differing experiences. Did the whole reservation disappear from your calendar?

Hi there!!! :smiley: What part of the city are you in?

Yes, it disappeared upon cancellation. But I still got the review notice almost right away.

I still haven’t gotten a review reminder and it’s been 13 hours since she left. Do you think it might happen after her scheduled checkout date and not the date she actually left?

1 Like

No clue. Keep checking your dashboard for it too because sometimes they fail to send you an email.

1 Like

Bayou st john/midcity, things are quiet over here, I use to live next door to a madhouse so I knew exactly what it’s like and I feel for you.

just get her some airplugs! if she complains about noise again, say this is what it’s like in this part of town. and tell her you’ll have to cancel her.

do not refund her, youve done nothing wrong espeically if youve disclosed it in your listing,

Does that seem like overkill?
Damn girl, you put my little OCD brain to shame.

I think you just need a better hoover!

You definitely never want to cancel as a host if you can possibly avoid it. It will stay on your public record forever. But you already know that.

1 Like

Ha. I have 5 vacuums: A Dyson full size, a Dyson motohead cordless, a Black and Decker cordless handheld and a Shop Vac. Also a small vac that is installed under my bed that you sweep dirt up to an opening and it sucks it in. I also have a dry swiffer floor duster and 5 kinds of wet mops.

5 Likes

@KKC Are you familiar with the abbreviation OTT? :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m down with OTT, you know me.

Oh, wait
that’s something else.

Seriously, I board dogs in my home in addition to doing airbnb and I insist on having a fairly clean and smell free home. I also have 6 air filters of various brands and styles.

2 Likes

Aha. Then the quantity of hoovers is by no means over the top! I’m still trying to get the smell of our friend’s Irish terrier out of a blanket!

Have you tried OxyClean (or whatever its equivalent is in the UK)? They also make stain and urine removers with enzymes that might work. I prefer things that don’t have much added odor and many of those have a scent I don’t like.

1 Like

What’s a floor cleaning robot? Sorry, I somehow got left behind in the 20th century. That’s different from a vacumn, right?

1 Like

@faheem, they are brilliant! Thinking about it, they are not strictly speaking vacuums. (Years ago I had a Roomba robot vacuum and it was not bad at all). This one is an iRobot and has two modes - sweeping or washing.

Bearing in mind that we have no carpets or rugs, just tile. I just set it going and off it goes, cleaning the floor while I clean the bathroom. (Note: bathroom cleaning robot required!)

In sweep mode it gets every last bit of hair and dust. Then I set it into wash mode and in both cases, the robot goes the job without me. Perfect!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @jaquo,

The really important question is, does your vacuum obey the Four Laws of Robotics?

But seriously, it sounds handy. Can it clean under furniture too?

2 Likes

That’s the best bit :slight_smile:

It scoots under the bed and under the sofa so I have no need to move heavy furniture around. When you first get a robot, it comes supplied with cleaning pads which are disposable but you can get washable ones instead. (I just put them in with the rest of the laundry). And with a little bit of ingenuity (+rags, or paper towel and a few rubber bands) you can fashion your own.

The one I have is about 2 - 3 inches high (which means it can deal with the under-sofa area) but the next model up (the more expensive one) is a touch smaller so can get under just about any furniture

1 Like