Help! My guest is having a horrible stay!

I want to underscore this point loud and clear. Been there!!!

Once you refunded one thing, she thought she could roll you and keep getting more. A full night was way too much refund for a temporary hot water issue.

A guest like this wouldn’t be happy at the 4 Seasons New Orleans. Don’t do any more. Chances are good, this review will be scathing…BUT… if it is, can’t you just create a new listing for that same property and ditch this one? Since it’s your first guest at this place?

Don’t refund anymore to this whiny baby and be prepared to create a new listing.

3 Likes

What a con artist!!!

1 Like

Yikes! Don’t make suggestions like that! Simply say, please call Airbnb to process the cancellation. Don’t mention anything about relocations or you could be on the hook for it, as someone mentioned.

1 Like

It strikes me as ridiculous that you would need to provide this in one of the partiest towns in the world. It’s New Orleans! If you want peace and quiet, go stay in the Catskills! Sheesh. I continued to be amazed but not surprised at the antics of these bad guests.

4 Likes

Thanks for sparing me hours of research. I’m going to order it today. I didn’t realize noise machines were so inexpensive.

1 Like

She just canceled and I feel so relieved. I wished her well and i’m done with it.

1 Like

I would leave a bad review Dana. This is the kind of guest no one wants. A prissy little prude whining and crying about noise in the French Quarter! :rofl::rofl: Be sure to leave the bad review at the last minute…

6 Likes

i checked the cancelation and the entire stay was canceled, not just the remaining days. My Calendar graphic is also open for all the dates she reserved. It doesn’t show her staying last night. I wonder if this means she can’t leave a scathing review? That would make my entire day! :blush:

3 Likes

I think she may still be able to. I had a last minute guest cancel and she was still able to review. She didn’t but our reminders sat there for 2 weeks.

O she obviously knows what she is doing in asking you to cancel because she knows for sure you will be the one paying penalties . And if you cancel then she will have money back.
She can also get in trouble with Air for doing it

Did they refund her for the day she stayed also?

She can. I had a guest cancel ten days before her booking at Christmas (I lost $2000) but we were both invited to leave reviews:

Tell what you loved about Stormy’s stay and how she can improve!

Um, I loved zero about her stay and she can improve by not blocking my place for two months with a booking on my two most lucrative weeks of the year and then cancelling ten days beforehand!

2 Likes

If that was Stormy Daniels she may have been otherwise occupied elsewhere.

9 Likes

I had a really helpful Airbnb representative. They were credited one night like I promised, but were still charged for the remaining nights.

3 Likes

Hi fellow host from New Orleans :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely. We need to make sure other hosts don’t suffer as a result of princesses like this. Don’t feel bad about clicking “would not recommend” it’s really helpful and often means they can’t use instant book!
Sorry this was your first experience.

4 Likes

Yes yes yes. As a host who uses Instant Book, I want to reiterate just how important this is.

Also this is incredibly important for so many issues. Example: a recent guest let me know when they were leaving that they had accidentally broken a glass in the bedroom. They were lovely and had cleaned it all up and even left $5 for me to buy a replacement.

But I was on a same day turnover. I searched with a bright light, vacuumed on my hands and knees several times, used a floor-cleaning robot repeatedly, blotted the area with masking tape - everything I could do to make sure there were no tiny pieces of glass.

But I still put a note in the Airbnb message system to the incoming guests to warn them that there was a slight possibility of tiny fragments of glass in the bedroom and suggested that they wear the disposable slippers I had provided for them.

Does that seem like overkill? I thought so for a moment or two but that virtual paper trail could have been beneficial.

2 Likes

Damn girl, you put my little OCD brain to shame.

5 Likes

Good to hear ! Glad it worked out for you

2 Likes

On the other hand, I had a guest stay for most of her reservation, and cancel the last night. The whole reservation disappeared from our calendar and neither of us could leave reviews. Your mileage may vary.

1 Like