HELP! Crazy Guest Threatening to Accuse Me of Discrimination

So far Airbnb has not responded to the case. Other guests, both minorities and non-minorities, have been staying with me with no issues. I’m optimistic that this can be resolved in a positive way.

Well actually you didn’t thank me and a few other posters either on the post or in words. You were just dismissive.

Rather patronising to say I haven’t read or understood your posts.

I understood and provided you with practical advice. You just didn’t like the answer.

Hive mind - jeez. Do remember this is an international forum and try using plain English rather than US psycho-babble.

3 Likes

All evidence to the contrary. You seem to think your needs are paramount. Airbnb is not a social service agency, They don’t care if you are dependent on the income. Guests don’t care either.

Since you are so desperate you should read this thread. Knowledge is power.

1 Like

So I’m not allowed to engage in a discussion with you and answer your advice with facts?

Seriously?

Edit: do you always take it personally if you offer a solution to someone and they counter with reasons why that solution wouldn’t work? Are they supposed to grovel profusely first?

Yes. My needs are paramount to me. Therefore I will do what I can to protect them.

Honestly, this response seems so far out of left field, so far from advice on the topic at hand, that it’s absurd.

If you want to attack me personally, you’re welcome to do it. If you want to think that anytime someone disagrees with you is a personal attack on yourself, go for it. All I said was that I wanted advice, not your opinion. Your personal attacks fall in the category of opinion.

I maintain that you (and some other mods) are being unreasonable, and behaving in a way that isn’t conducive to useful discussion. If the people here aren’t allowed to request actual help and engage in discussion without moderators throwing a tantrum, that seems like a problem.

Where is the personal attack?

Now you are just coming across as being childish.

No-one on this forum minds engaging in a debate. In fact some of us love it !!

What some of us mind is someone coming on here, asking for advice and when they receive it, dismissing it out of hand without acknowledging the advice given

It just means that people are less likely to engage and offer further advice when this happens.

1 Like

I came to this discussion late, but the OP’s turn to “I-don’t-want-uninformed-opinions” is the problem here. What cheek! Learn to use the scroll button, @Clemkadiddlehopper and you will do better on internet discussion forums.

If this vein continues I will close the thread.

2 Likes